Bangkok, 14 November 2013 – CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, pioneered the Asia Business Leaders Awards (ABLA) to acknowledge exceptional CEOs across the region. Recipients of the awards are stellar individuals who are visionaries behind today's outstanding businesses. They epitomize core values of a successful leader - strength, innovation, ingenuity, knowledge and foresight – values that are imperative to carving out powerful businesses in the global economy.
During an award ceremony that was held this evening at the Conrad Hotel in Bangkok and hosted by CNBC's Bernard Lo, Martin Soong, Christine Tan and Deirdre Wang Morris, CNBC announced the winners of the 12th Asia Business Leaders Awards.
- Asia Business Leader of the Year Award – Mr. Tan Pheng Hock of Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd. for adopting a customer-centric culture and embracing a framework that motivates and inspires staff, making his vision for the company a reality.
- Asia Innovator of the Year Award – Tan Sri Dr. Tony Fernandes of AirAsia Berhad for his belief that innovation is not limited to technology, but should be brought to every aspect of the business - creating an environment for innovation throughout the company.
- Asia Talent Management Award – Mr. Yancey Hai of Delta Electronics Inc. for his personal involvement in supporting and cultivating the next generation of leaders.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award – Dato' Rohana Binti Tan Sri Datuk Haji Rozhan of Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad in recognition of her devotion to educational, environmental and societal issues, and integrating social responsibility into business objectives.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Mr. Ratan N Tata for his vision, leadership and business foresight intransforming a group that has impacted and helped grow the economy not only in India, but across the globe.
- Thailand Business Leader of the Year Award – Dr. Pailin Chuchottaworn of PTT Public Company Ltd. in recognition of his visionary leadership in both his home country and in the global marketplace.
"The12th annual CNBC Asia Business Leaders Awards celebrates and recognizes leaders who have helped shape the Asian economy and who will continue to lead Asia's growth in the years ahead," said KC Sullivan, President and Managing Director, CNBC International. "Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees for their outstanding achievements."
The 12th ABLA will be broadcast globally in Asia, Europe and the U.S on November 28, 2013 @ 8pm (SIN/HK).
For more information on the 12th ABLA winners please visit this page.
12th Asia Business Leaders Awards is hosted by:
CNBC in Asia Pacific
CNBC is the world leader in business news providing fast, actionable, accurate and unbiased business and financial news to 390 million households worldwide. Headquartered in Singapore, the network provides seven hours of live Asia-produced programming, which is complemented with coverage of live market action from Europe and the US. CNBC Asia Pacific's channels, which include CNBC Asia, CNBC-TV18 (India), CNBC Pakistan, Nikkei-CNBC (Japan) and SBS-CNBC (South Korea) are available in more than 21 countries across the Asia Pacific region. CNBC Asia Pacific also has astrategic alliance with Shanghai Media Group, and a collaboration with China Central Television (CCTV). In China, CNBC reaches 400 million homes via a daily Mandarin segment produced by CNBC, which is broadcast on CCTV's Business Channel programme, Global Connection Show. The channels are distributed via satellite, cable and terrestrial broadcast networks, as well as through digital platforms. More information is available at www.cnbc.com
Previous CNBC Asia Business Leader Award winners include:
N Chandrasekaran, CEO & MD, Tata Consultancy Services (2012)
Carlos Ghosn, Chairman & CEO, Nissan Motor Co Ltd (2011)
AM Naik, Chairman & MD, Larsen & Toubro (2010)
Frank Ning, Chairman, COFCO Corporation (2009)
Hirokazu Yoshikawa, Chairman & CEO, Dowa Holdings (2008)
Harish Manwani, Chairman, Unilever, Asia/Africa (2007)
Anand Mahindra, Chairman & MD, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (2006)
Chen Feng, Chairman, Hainan Airlines Company Limited (2005)
Gerardo Ablaza Jr., CEO, Globe Telecom Inc. (2004)
S. Ramadorai, CEO & MD, Tata Consultancy (2002)
KV Kamath, CEO & MD, ICICI Ltd (2001)