Health officials confirmed a food-borne illness outbreak linked to a Boston-area Chipotle restaurant is norovirus, wrote Boston College in a statement Wednesday.
More than 120 BC students reported to the college's health services with symptoms consistent with norovirus.
Nearly all cases are related to students who dined at Chipotle restaurant during the past weekend.
The news is the latest development in a set of two food-borne illnesses that have been plaguing the former Wall Street darling chain. First, officials linked it to an E. coli outbreak that has sickened 52 people in multiple states. Then, reports of students falling ill in Boston first surfaced Monday.
The students were tested for E. coli and norovirus, and the E. coli test results are still not back yet.
In an email, Chipotle Spokesman Chris Arnold wrote, "We offer our sincerest apologies to people who were impacted by this incident."
On average, norovirus causes 19 to 21 million cases of acute gastroenteritis annually, making it the leading cause of illness and outbreaks from contaminated food in the country.