Arthur Nadel, the Florida money manager who briefly went missing last month after the six hedge funds he ran collapsed in an alleged "mini-Madoff" scheme, will remain behind bars at least awhile longer.
Nicholas Cosmo, the Long Island man accused by federal prosecutors of running a $380 million Ponzi scheme, was granted a 30-day continuance by United States District Court Judge Thomas E. Boyle on Friday.
Federal prosecutors say disgraced Florida hedge fund manager Arthur Nadel wrote letters home while he was fleeing from authorities last month, including one telling his family he "really anticipated" being labeled a "Mini-Madoff."
Nicholas Cosmo, the Long Island man accused of running a $380 million Ponzi scheme will appear in Federal Court in Central Islip, New York on Friday.
The attorney for former Enron CEO Jeffrey Skilling says he will appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, now that an appellate court has denied his request to re-hear the case.
Debra Ryan, the girlfriend of Samuel Israel III, convicted in a $400 million fraud involving the collapse of the hedge fund firm Bayou Group, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to aiding his escape.
Alleged ponzi-schemer Bernard Madoff's Upper East Side Manhattan penthouse is getting new monitoring equipment in compliance with a court order.
Nicholas Cosmo, the Long Island native accused of running a $380 million Ponzi scheme, is switching attorneys and may bring on Stacey Richman, a prominent defense attorney whose former clients include prominent rap stars, among others.
Whistleblower Harry Markopolos, whose warnings about the Madoff scandal fell on deaf ears at the Securities and Exchange Commission for years, has provided the SEC's Inspector General with new information about an alleged "mini-Madoff" fraud that is still underway, CNBC has learned.
The names of several thousand clients who lost money investing with Bernard Madoff have been released in a court filing that reads like a Who's Who: former Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Sandy Koufax, actor Kevin Bacon and even Madoff's defense lawyer.
Hall of Fame pitcher Sandy Koufax. Actor Kevin Bacon. World Trade Center developer Larry Silverstein. All three have at least one thing in common: Their names appear on a list of several thousand clients who lost money investing with Bernard Madoff. The list has been made public in a court filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan.
Count CNBC's parent company, General Electric, as one of the victims of an alleged fraud, reports CNBC's Scott Cohn in breaking news...
Hedge fund manager Arthur Nadel, arrested last week on fraud charges, has agreed to have his assets frozen.
Nicholas Cosmo, the Long Island man accused of running a $370 million dollar Ponzi scheme, remains jailed following a bail hearing today.
As Bernard Madoff awaits his fate inside his Manhattan penthouse, he is getting a new crew to keep him safe.
JPMorgan Chase says that its potential losses related to Bernard L. Madoff, the man accused of engineering an immense global Ponzi scheme, are “pretty close to zero.” But what some angry European investors want to know is when the bank cut its exposure to Mr. Madoff — and why, the New York Times reports.
The number of people who have been caught running Ponzi schemes in recent weeks is adding up quickly, so much so that they have earned themselves a nickname: mini-Madoffs. The New York Times reports.
Accused Ponzi-schemer Nicholas Cosmo onced owed tens of thousands of dollars in gambling debt to the Genovese crime family, the latest twist in a scheme federal authorities believed bilked small investors out of $370 million, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
A former executive of American International Group has been sentenced to four years in prison in a fraud case that authorities say cost shareholders more than $500 million.