Delivering Alpha Agenda
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
We are thrilled to host Delivering Alpha at New York City's Pierre Hotel on September 13, 2016, bringing together the most important players in asset management and tackling the critical issues facing investors in today's economy. Click here to download the current 2016 agenda and continue to check back for updates on the 2016 program.
7:20-8:20 a.m. REGISTRATION AND BREAKFAST
Breakfast sponsored by: Hospital for Special Surgery
8:20-8:30 a.m. WELCOME
8:30-9:00 a.m. OPENING KEYNOTE
**Please note: doors will close at 8:20 am sharp. No one will be permitted to enter or exit once the Treasury Secretary arrives. Doors will reopen at the conclusion of the opening keynote address.
9:00-9:30 a.m. GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES
From Brexit to Abenomics, the U.S. election and volatile energy markets, the great uncertainty about the international investment landscape has bred opportunity for those ready to make the smart move. Our panel of world-class investors share their actionable ideas.
- Mark Carhart, Chief Investment Officer and Founding Partner, Kepos Capital
- Stuart Fiertz, Co-Founder, President and Director of Research, Cheyne Capital Management (UK) LLP
- Ashbel Williams, Executive Director and Chief Investment Officer, Florida State Board of Administration, SBA
Moderator: Sara Eisen, Co-Anchor, "Squawk on the Street," and Co-Anchor, "Worldwide Exchange," CNBC
9:30-10:00 a.m. THE ALPHA EXCHANGE
10:00-10:35 a.m. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALPHA?
In an era when so many managers have underperformed–and worse, largely been unable to explain why–has the industry become unhedged … or unhinged? Is there a way forward for smart managers and sophisticated investors to align interests and actually deliver alpha?
- Mary Callahan Erdoes, Chief Executive Officer, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Dawn Fitzpatrick, Global Head of Equities, Multi Asset and O'Connor, UBS Asset Management
- Ross Margolies, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Stelliam Investment Management
- Brian Pellegrino, Chief Investment Officer, UPS Group Trust
- Scott Wapner, Host, "Fast Money Halftime Report," CNBC
- Michael Peltz, Editor, Institutional Investor Magazine Group
10:35-11:05 a.m. COFFEE BREAK
Coffee break sponsored by: Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking
11:05-11:30 a.m. KEYNOTE
11:30-12:10 p.m. BEST IDEAS
Delivering Alpha's famed Best Ideas panel will be back with new stock-picking stars and market-moving predictions. We'll hear not only WHAT the world's most successful managers are buying–but WHY.
- Robert Bishop, Founder, Impala Asset Management
- Jim Chanos, Founder and Managing Partner, Kynikos Associates
- Bill Miller, Founder, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, LMM
12:10-2:05 p.m. LUNCHEON WITH KEYNOTE: THE BIG PICTURE
2:05-2:30 p.m. KEYNOTE
2:30-3:00 p.m. UNYIELDING OPPORTUNITY
Delivering Alpha alumni Leon Cooperman described investing in a bond fund as "bending down to pick up a nickel in front of a steamroller." Yet asset owners still need fixed income allocations, even in yield-challenged environments.
3:00-3:25 p.m. KEYNOTE
3:25-3:55 p.m. TEAM PLAYERS
Delivering wins! Going from the corner office to the stadium, what's it take to own and manage a professional sports team?
3:55-4:25 p.m. COFFEE BREAK
Coffee break sponsored by: PGIM