ANKARA, Sept 5- The U.S. Federal Reserve should not rush its decision to raise interest rates and should move only when it is sure the decision is unlikely to be reversed later, the head of the International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde, said on Saturday. Finance ministers and central bankers of the world's 20 biggest economies discussed the issue thoroughly...» Read More
Nearly every politician complains about gridlock in Washington. But, why isn’t Mitt Romney focusing on it as a campaign issue ?
Early voting has been under way for weeks across the country, but with Election Day almost here, the presidential candidates and their supporters are offering one last burst of activity. The New York Times reports.
Whoever wins the presidential election might feel more like the loser when he realizes what lies ahead for the US economy.
With so much attention on the income divide between the top 1 percent and the other 99 percent of Americans, it might seem that having enormous business wealth wouldn’t be a great qualification for election as president. And if such a candidate pledged to keep taxes low for the wealthy, he would appear to have no chance at all in a troubled economy, The New York Times reports.
President Obama leads Mitt Romney narrowly in three critical swing states, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal polls.
President Obama and Mitt Romney hunted for last-minute support on Sunday in a frenetic sprint across battleground states, even as their parties faced off in the first of what could be a growing number of legal disputes over presidential ballots and how they are counted. The The New York Times reports.
President Obama and Mitt Romney remain locked in a near-even race for the White House on the eve of Election Day, according to the last NBC/Wall Street Journal pre-election poll.
The U.S. dollar versus Mexican Peso trade offers the punchiest and most appropriate exposure to Tuesday's U.S. election, HSBC said on Friday, arguing that that this currency pair will be best placed to reflect a U.S.-driven shift in risk appetite.
The Congressional Research Service has withdrawn an economic report that found no correlation between top tax rates and economic growth, a central tenet of conservative economic theory, after Senate Republicans raised concerns about the paper’s findings and wording. The New York Times reports.
Most everyone has an opinion on who will win the presidential election next week, but in all the prognostication one question has gone mostly overlooked: What if no one wins?
President Obama narrowly leads Mitt Romney in three battleground states less than a week before the election, according to new NBC News/Wall Street Journal polls.
CNBC's Kayla Tausche reports that President Obama is arriving in New Jersey to survey the damage after Sandy hit the East Coast.
New York state officials give an update on Hurricane Sandy, reminding residents that the storm is "life-threatening."
CNBC's Hampton Pearson reports the storm is bringing Washington, DC to a standstill, as schools and government agencies remain closed.
Despite repeated warnings from President Obama that unrestricted donations from conservatives to outside groups would swamp them, the White House and its allies are at least holding their own, The New York Times reports.
Anyone looking at their paycheck stub and seeing the laundry list of taxes taken out might be saying to themselves 'Why am I paying these and where does all that money go?'CNBC explains
Add one more potential horror to the nightmare political scenarios: a freakish two-in-one storm that could warp an election that's been two years and $2 billion in the making.
The re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama next week would be positive for bonds, while a victory for Republican rival Mitt Romney would be better for equities, according to a survey of professional investors by Barclays.
Economist Larry Summers expressed optimism about the economy's long-term prospects, telling CNBC that the first step in setting off a "virtuous circle" was to avoid the "fiscal cliff."
As we enter the final days of the 2012 race, with each campaign raising and spending an unprecedented amount of money, the final call on who wins or loses may come down to something as simple as the weather on Election Day.