Mark Weinberger: Nose No Bounds
- The Surgeon
- Dr. Mark Weinberger appears to be a top-notch physician. His Weinberger Sinus Clinic is popular with his northwest Indiana patients. Located in the rust belt, near steel mills and factories filling the air with smoke, it's a good place for a sinus surgeon.
- The Patients
- Patients go to the clinic hoping for relief from their problems. Weinberger recommends surgery for most of his patients, contrary to standard medical practice.
- But many become anxious when relief is nowhere in sight.
- The Scam
- In 2003 Weinberger has a gross income of almost $14 million. The nose doctor is becoming rich. But, patients and other doctors are becoming suspicious. Some patients discover they didn't need sinus surgery and insurance companies are allegedly billed for surgeries never performed.
- End Game
- Lawsuits are filed. Weinberger's perfect world is collapsing. In 2004 he heads to Greece with his young wife Michelle. They board a yacht to celebrate her 30th birthday. But Weinberger is about to give his wife a shocking surprise she'll never forget.