- CNBC pioneered the Asia Business Leaders Awards (ABLA) in 2001 to salute remarkable business leaders for their continuing commitment to excellence, developing best practices and innovative strategies. CNBC is proud to continue the 10 year tradition established by the Awards that define and celebrate vision, the spirit of achievement and excellence in business leadership in Asia.
- The Asia Business Leaders Awards have distinguished and honored Asian leaders who have contributed and shaped the Asian economy. Recipients of the Awards are stellar individuals who are visionaries behind today's outstanding businesses. They epitomize the core values of a successful leader – strength, innovation, ingenuity, knowledge and the foresight – values that are imperative to carving out powerful businesses in the global economy. Winners of the Awards exemplify the best in leadership.
- CNBC pioneered the Asia Business Leaders Awards to salute remarkable business leaders for their continuing commitment to excellence, developing best practices and innovative strategies. Recipients of the Awards are stellar individuals who are visionaries behind today's outstanding businesses. Winners of the Awards exemplify the best in leadership.
- Award Categories & ABLA Logo Inspirations
- Selecting the award winners from a list of accomplished business leaders becomes more challenging especially after 10 years of year on year analysis. Under stringent, objective and transparent criteria, business leaders are judged by an independent panel of world-respected management strategists, academics, corporate personalities and CNBC's executives. Heading the judging panel are representatives from CNBC's long time knowledge partner The University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Together with research partner Development Dimensions International, the distinguished panel goes through a unique three-phase judging process, starting from quantitative company data analysis to select the top performers from across Asia, followed by face-to-face interviews to assess candidates' leadership qualities to the final phase of selecting the winners for the awards. Candidates are evaluated based on a combination of criteria including the companies' financial performance, creativity, innovation and social responsibility and their ability to create short-term advantage, long-term value and competitive edge.
- More information about the selection process
- The Asia Business Leaders Awards' judging team