The Black Widows
- The Victim
- In an upscale neighborhood near Los Angeles, a middle-aged man lies face-up in the road. There's a bicycle a few feet away. It appears Ken McDavid is the victim of a tragic hit and run accident. Police investigate. But, the crime scene looks suspicious.
- Murder for Money
- Before his untimely death, Helen Golay befriends McDavid who is down on his luck. She takes him off the streets. Pays for rent, food and clothes. But, it's a set-up. Helen and her friend Olga Rutterschmidt are ruthless con artists who take out life insurance policies on unsuspecting men and kill them in hit-and-run "accidents."
- The Money Trial
- Two months after McDavid's death... a life insurance claim is filed. The payout? One million dollars. Helen and Olga are the beneficiaries. They claim to be the victim's business partners. Police don't buy their story. What kind of business are Helen and Olga in together?
- An investigator remembers…there was another case. A hit-and-run accident. A man found dead in an alley. And, yes there was an insurance policy with Helen and Olga as beneficiaries.
- As the puzzle is pieced together, the two women who come across as nice old grannies begin to look like cold-blooded killers.