The Mustang Ranch: Money, Women and Murder
- The World's Oldest Profession
- Prostitution. In Nevada, brothels are a $50 million industry where girls can easily pull in a thousand dollars a night. In the U.S. such a job is possible in large part thanks to one man... Joe Conforte, America's father of legalized prostitution.
- America's Brothel King & His Madam
- There's money to be made and Joe Conforte wants in on the brothel business. The young entrepreneur begins to build his empire in the 1950's. He quickly hooks up with brothel owner Sally Burgess. The two marry in a union based on business.
- Trouble in Paradise
- The brothel boss is taking in millions. But, Joe Conforte wants more. He decides to back a boxing heavyweight named Oscar Bonavena. But the fighter is after more than a shot at the title... he's after Joe's wife. Joe warns Oscar to get out of town. Oscar stays and is murdered.
- The Law
- Joe Conforte likes to keep the local lawmen happy with what he calls "favors" that might include free sex with his girls. In return, the officials help keep the brothel open for business. Joe's might be King in Stoney County, Nevada where local officials toe the line. But, the feds are not as friendly. The IRS is after Joe for $18 million in back taxes, fines and penalties.