Sen. John Thune, (R-SD), discusses the latest Obamacare change that says many union health plans will be exempt from Obamacare's reinsurance fee, forcing everyone else to pay extra to cover unions.» Read More
ROME, Oct 21- Italy's three main trade union confederations will hold strikes and protests against the government's 2014 budget plan, they said on Monday, piling more pressure on Enrico Letta's fragile coalition government.
ROME, Oct 21- Italy's three main trade union confederations will hold strikes and protests in the next few weeks against the government's 2014 budget plan, the head of the UIL union Luigi Angeletti said on Monday after a meeting with other union heads.
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct 20- San Francisco faced another day without its commuter rail system on Sunday with no new strike talks scheduled to resolve the labor dispute. On Sunday, members of one of the unions leading the strike planned vigils for the two workers, according to a spokeswoman for the Service Employees International Union Local 1021.
Commuter rail workers in the San Francisco Bay Area walked off their jobs on Friday, throwing the morning commute into chaos.
Organized labor is making it clear it opposes any idea involving social security, Medicare and Medicaid cuts. Damon Silvers of AFL-CIO, shares his opinions. "We are not going to give cover to Democrats who think it's a good idea to take away economic security to our most vulnerable citizens," he says.
OTTAWA/ TORONTO, Oct 15- Canada's government is closely monitoring a dispute between the railroad workers' union and Canadian National Railway Co and wants both sides to continue talking, a spokeswoman for Labour Minister Kellie Leitch said on Tuesday.
OTTAWA, Oct 15- Canada's government is closely monitoring a dispute between the railroad workers' union and Canadian National Railway Co and is urging both parties to continue talking, a spokeswoman for Labour Minister Kellie Leitch said on Tuesday.
The Toronto Star sent reporter Raveena Aulakh to work undercover at a Bangladesh garment factory and found a nine-year-old girl working there.
TORONTO, Oct 7- Canada's largest grocer, Loblaw Co Ltd, and Alberta's United Food& Commercial Workers union have reached a tentative deal to end a brief strike, the two sides said on Monday. UFCW local 401, which went on strike just after midnight on Saturday, said on its Facebook page that an agreement was reached early Monday morning.
DETROIT/ BERLIN, Oct 1- Volkswagen AG's most influential labor leader will meet with workers at the German automaker's plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee on Wednesday to discuss the possibility of the United Auto Workers union representing them, several sources said.
DETROIT, Oct 1- Volkswagen AG's most influential labor leader will meet with workers at the German automaker's plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee, on Wednesday to discuss the possibility of the United Auto Workers union representing them, several sources said.
A group of farm workers in California's Central Valley failed in an attempt to vote out the United Farm Workers union.
Workers from the nation's largest peach farm sent a petition to decertify their union. CNBC's Jane Wells reports the State Agriculture Labor Relations Board rejected their signatures, saying many were forged and that the farmer's company played an illegal role in the effort.
Some workers at Gerawan Farming have submitted signatures to decertify the union there. CNBC's Jane Wells reports on the details of the labor fight.
With improving conditions in Europe and Asia, Cramer said that this major automaker is a 'buy' right now.
Fiat, which owns 58.5 percent of Chrysler, has appointed Lazard Vice Chairman Ron Bloom to help with the negotiations with VEBA, a healthcare trust fund affiliated with the United Auto Workers union that owns the remaining 41.5 percent.
The AFL-CIO has passed a resolution demanding an Obamacare fix and they are not the only reluctant union. With just 18 days until Obamacare exchanges kick in, Justin Wilson, Center for Union Facts, weighs in.
Edward Ott, CUNY professor, discusses the goal of AFL-CIO to expand membership and create new alliances.
Fast food restaurant employees are striking for an increase in wages and the right to unionize, reports CNBC's Jackie DeAngelis. Protesters in New York City are demanding $15 per hour.
Workers of fast food restaurants are striking for an increase in wages, reports CNBC's Jackie DeAngelis. In New York City, the average wage for a fast food employee is $8.89 per hour.