July 25- High-end sound system and headphone maker Bose Corp is going after the newer kid on the block, Beats Electronics, with a lawsuit accusing Beats of infringing several patents related to noise-cancellation technology. Bose was seeking unspecified damages from Beats, which Apple Inc announced this year it would acquire for $3 billion.» Read More
The judge in the SEC's civil suit against Stanford Financial has recused himself after determining that "a person within the third degree of relationship" to him has "substantial holdings" managed by one of Stanford's companies.
The trustee in charge of untangling the mess brought on by the Bernard Madoff scandal told investors Friday there was no indication the disgraced financier bought securities for his clients.
FBI agents served the complaint from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Texas billionaire Allen Stanford in Virginia, an FBI spokesman said on Thursday.
The Securities and Exchange Commission obtained a court order halting an alleged Ponzi scheme by Hawaii-based Billions Coupons and its CEO Marvin R. Cooper that was targeting members of the Deaf community in the U.S. and Japan.
Arthur Nadel, the Florida money manager who briefly went missing last month after the six hedge funds he ran collapsed in an alleged "mini-Madoff" scheme, will remain behind bars at least awhile longer.
Nicholas Cosmo, the Long Island man accused by federal prosecutors of running a $380 million Ponzi scheme, was granted a 30-day continuance by United States District Court Judge Thomas E. Boyle on Friday.
Federal prosecutors say disgraced Florida hedge fund manager Arthur Nadel wrote letters home while he was fleeing from authorities last month, including one telling his family he "really anticipated" being labeled a "Mini-Madoff."
Nicholas Cosmo, the Long Island man accused of running a $380 million Ponzi scheme will appear in Federal Court in Central Islip, New York on Friday.
Whistleblower Harry Markopolos, whose warnings about the Madoff scandal fell on deaf ears at the Securities and Exchange Commission for years, has provided the SEC's Inspector General with new information about an alleged "mini-Madoff" fraud that is still underway, CNBC has learned.
The names of several thousand clients who lost money investing with Bernard Madoff have been released in a court filing that reads like a Who's Who: former Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Sandy Koufax, actor Kevin Bacon and even Madoff's defense lawyer.
Hall of Fame pitcher Sandy Koufax. Actor Kevin Bacon. World Trade Center developer Larry Silverstein. All three have at least one thing in common: Their names appear on a list of several thousand clients who lost money investing with Bernard Madoff. The list has been made public in a court filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan.
Hedge fund manager Arthur Nadel, arrested last week on fraud charges, has agreed to have his assets frozen.
PCCW is holding an extraordinary general meeting Wednesday in relation to a proposed $2.1 billion privatization bid. But the deal is under scrutiny amid claims that unknown parties may have tried to illegally influence the outcome of today's vote
Nicholas Cosmo, the Long Island man accused of running a $370 million dollar Ponzi scheme, remains jailed following a bail hearing today.
As Bernard Madoff awaits his fate inside his Manhattan penthouse, he is getting a new crew to keep him safe.
Accused Ponzi-schemer Nicholas Cosmo onced owed tens of thousands of dollars in gambling debt to the Genovese crime family, the latest twist in a scheme federal authorities believed bilked small investors out of $370 million, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
The owner of a Long Island investment firm accused of cheating people out of more than $100 million is expected to appear in court Tuesday.
Several dozen employees, who work in the legitimate branch of Bernard Madoff's firm, are being laid off, according to The Wall Street Journal.
It's been, a long, pricey road: years of conflict, a four year legal battle culminating in several weeks of court testimony.
Former Enron CEO Jeffrey Skilling, whose 2006 convictions were upheld by a three-judge appelate panel earlier this month, is appealing that decision to the full Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.