PRESS DIGEST - Wall Street Journal - Oct 8
Oct 8 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal on Monday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* The number of people sickened with fungal meningitis from tainted spinal steroid injections has now risen to 91 in nine states, including seven deaths, federal officials said.
* China's Huawei poses a national-security threat and may have violated U.S. laws, a year-long investigation by the House intelligence committee has concluded.
* Government officials negotiating terms for the proposed merger of BAE Systems and Airbus parent EADS remain deadlocked over key issues including state ownership stakes.
* YouTube expands the program to produce content for its video website as it seeks more ad dollars.
* The U.K. government is laying out the battle lines for additional austerity measures even as it faces pressure to reboot the country's faltering economy.
* Real-estate tycoon Sam Zell is close to tapping the top executive at one of his residential-real-estate companies to replace the chief executive of Zell's international business, who stunned the real-estate industry when he departed suddenly last month, according to people briefed on the matter.
* Foxconn Technology Group , the parent of Hon Hai Precision Industry Co , a major Apple Inc supplier, said Saturday two disputes between employees occurred at one of its China manufacturing plants this month.
(Compiled by Bangalore Newsroom)
((Bangalore Newsroom, +91 80 4135 5800, within U.S. +1 646 223 8780))
Keywords: PRESS DIGEST WSJ/