Wine Market Council Elects Dennis Cakebread as Board of Directors Chair, Releases Luxury Wine Market Research in Advance of Upcoming Conferences
ST.HELENA, Calif., Jan. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Wine Market Council, a non-profit wine trade association, announced today that Dennis Cakebread has been officially elected as the chair of Wine Market Council's board of directors. Xavier Barlier of Maisons Marques & Domaines/Roederer Estate, who served as Wine Market Council's chair from 2010-2012, has been elected to the position of immediate past chair.
"Wine Market Council is the provider of ongoing market research focused on America's wine consumers and I am excited to head this progressive think-tank," said Dennis Cakebread, Chair of Wine Market Council's board of directors. "From social media to research on effective marketing techniques, Wine Market Council truly helps its members navigate the industry's marketing challenges."
The board elections were held on November 27, 2012, at Wine Market Council's annual board of directors meeting. The board chair term runs for two years. Other board officers were reelected to their positions including: Vice Chair, John Ledbetter of Ledbetter/Vino Farms; Second Vice Chair, Dale Stratton of Constellation Wines U.S.; Treasurer, Shawn Byrnes of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates; and Secretary, Michaela Rodeno of Villa Ragazzi.
"Over the past twenty-five years Dennis Cakebread has worked diligently on legislation that has made it possible for wine lovers in most states to be able to order wines from their favorite producers and enjoy at home," said Xavier Barlier of Maisons Marques & Domaines/Roederer Estate and immediate past chair of Wine Market Council. "His leadership will be indispensable to Wine Market Council as we continue to further the wine industry and showcase emerging trends."
In advance of the upcoming 2013 Wine Market Council Research Conferences, the council also announced today several findings from their research on luxury wine buyers including:
- Of the wine that core wine drinkers purchase in the $30 or more price category, 58% is domestic. Core wine drinkers are defined as those who drink wine at least once a week.
- "Luxury" wine is perceived by nearly half (47%) of core wine-drinking consumers as wine that costs between $75 and $99, and by the majority of core wine-drinking consumers (60%) as wine that costs over $100.
- Half of core wine drinkers (51%) buy wine that costs $30 or more when visiting a winery and one-quarter (24%) purchase wine at this price point through a winery wine club.
About the 2013 Wine Market Council Research Conferences
The 2013 Wine Market Council Research Conferences will take place January 18, 2013, at The Event Center at Vintners Inn in Santa Rosa, CA, and on Tuesday, January 29, 2013, at The Museum of Modern Art in New York, NY. At the conferences, the council will unveil their research on luxury wine buyers, data from Nielsen on the state of the wine market and the latest findings from the council's annual tracking study. In addition, Dr. Gregory Carpenter will compare two perspectives—why consumers value wine and how winemakers and others in the wine business create value for consumers—and will explore strategies for bridging the gap between winemakers and consumers to create brand growth.
Wine Market Council's Consumer Research Conferences are free for Wine Market Council members (up to 3 company representatives can attend) and $125 for non-members. Both conferences include a networking wine and hors d'oeuvres reception directly following the presentations. Attendees can register at www.winemarketcouncil.com. For more information, contact Sherri Fidel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 738-8796.
About Wine Market Council's Board of Directors
The 2013 members of Wine Market Council's board are:
- Dennis Cakebread, Chair, Cakebread Cellars
- John Ledbetter, Vice Chair, Ledbetter/Vino Farms
- Dale Stratton, Second Vice Chair, Constellation Brands
- Shawn Byrnes, Treasurer, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
- Michaela Rodeno, Secretary, Villa Ragazzi
- Xavier Barlier, Immediate Past Chair, Maisons Marques & Domaines/Roederer Estate
- Bill Cascio, Glazer's Family of Companies
- Mel Dick, Southern Wine & Spirits
- Jerry Douglas, Biltmore Estate Wine Company
- Ray Herrmann, The Charmer Sunbelt Group
- Michael Mondavi, Folio Fine Wine Partners
- Heidi Scheid, Scheid Vineyards
- Steve Somers, Alternate for Ray Herrmann, The Charmer Sunbelt Group
- Adam Strum, Wine Enthusiast Companies
- Emma Swain, St. Supery Vineyards & Winery
- Hugh Tietjen, Wine Communications Group Jim Trezise - New York Wine & Grape Foundation
About Wine Market Council
Wine Market Council is a non-profit association of grape growers, wine producers, importers, wholesalers, and other affiliated wine businesses and organizations. The council's mission is to establish the widespread acceptance of wine as a rewarding part of American culture and to report on timely issues and emerging consumer segments in the industry. Wine Market Council provides its members with consumer research and supports members' social media outreach programs. Research data is proprietary to Wine Market Council members, who incorporate our research into their strategic planning, marketing and sales execution. Wine Market Council was established in 1994 as a non-profit (501c6) trade association working through all tiers of the U.S. wine industry to grow the wine market. Wine Market Council today provides social media support and amplification to its members and hosts two consumer research conferences each year highlighting wine trends. More information can be found at www.winemarketcouncil.com or at @WineAnswers on Facebook and Twitter.
Teplin+Nuss – teplinnuss.com
Ashley Nicole Teplin // email@example.com - 310.210.3067
Holly Nuss // firstname.lastname@example.org - 415.845.1095
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following files are available for download:
|[Image]||Dennis Cakebread, Chair of Wine Market Council's board of directors|
Source:Wine Market Council