White or Red? American Launches Wine Tasting, Service Upgrades
Flying international first- or business-class on American Airlines just got a little more luxurious.
American launched a new premium inflight experience Monday for passengers flying to Europe and Asia, and on long-haul Latin America routes. New amenities include upgraded meal options, wine tastings and inflight toiletries kits that double as a case for Apple iPads and other tablets.
American announced plans last year to upgrade their international fleet of Boeing aircraft to include lie-flat seats, walk-up bars and enhanced legroom sections in coach. (Read more: American Announces New Aircraft Routes, Cabin Upgrades)
"By delivering a service that offers such personalization, we are able to provide an enhanced inflight experience that truly meets the expectations of our premium customers, and reminds them of home or their favorite restaurant," said Rob Friedman, American's vice president of marketing, in a release.
Enhancements to first-class include:
- A welcome aboard card and amenity kit, stocked with Dermalogica skin care products, and doubles as a tablet case.
- Closed-toe slippers, an additional pillow and the choice of a specialty mimosa.
- Upgraded meal options including an amuse bouche, soup, customizable pasta entrees and an ice cream sundae.
- Wine sampling, complete with a tasting card.
- Pre-landing sweet treat and spa water.
Business-class passengers get:
- New slippers and amenity kits with Akhassa cosmetics.
- New menu selections served on more modern china and upgraded linens.
- A customized ice cream sundae served from the airline's dessert cart.
The upgraded service elements will also be introduced on American's new Boeing 777-300 aircraft that enters service on January 31. (Read more: Onboard Bar, Lie-Flat Seats: American to Debut New Luxury Aircraft)
For more information on American's new amenities, click here.