Agenda subject to change. Please check back for updates and speaker additions.
JULY 17, 2013
7:30 - 8:20 a.m. BREAKFAST AND REGISTRATION
8:20 - 8:30 a.m. WELCOME
Master of Ceremonies: Tyler Mathisen, Co-Anchor, "Power Lunch" and Vice President, Strategic Editorial Initiatives, CNBC
• Diane E. Alfano, Chairman, Institutional Investor
• Mark Hoffman, Chief Executive Officer and President, CNBC
8:30 - 9:10 a.m. KEYNOTE PRESENTATION
• Jack Lew, The 76th United States Secretary of the Treasury
9:10 - 9:45 a.m. THE GLOBAL STAGE
As deleveraging and debt continue to dominate headlines, there is no lack of negative news across the financial world. But, in an era of more pitfalls than windfalls, where are the world's best investors finding opportunities? What is next on the global stage and how can you profit from it?
• Mary Callahan Erdoes, Chief Executive Officer, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
• David McCormick, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Bridgewater Associates
• Jane Mendillo, President & CEO, Harvard Management Company
• Richard Perry, Chief Executive Officer, Perry Capital
9:45 - 10:15 a.m. KEYNOTE PRESENTATION
10:15 - 10:45 a.m. COFFEE BREAK
10:45 - 10:50 a.m. PwC's EARN YOUR FUTURE
Comments by Bob Moritz, U.S. Chairman & Senior Partner, PwC
10:50 - 11:30 a.m. THE GREAT ROTATION
Two years ago analysts began predicting a major move from bonds back into equities as investors who had fled the stock market after the financial crisis returned in droves. The Great Rotation, however, has been slow to materialize. Is the 30-year secular bull market in bonds really over? And if so, what can investors do to make money in a rising interest rate environment?
• Gregory J. Fleming, President, Morgan Stanley Investment Management
• Joshua S. Friedman, Co-founder, Co-chairman and Co-CEO, Canyon Partners
• Michael Hintze, Founder & CEO, CQS
• Andrew J.M. Spokes, Managing Partner, Farallon Capital Management
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. MY NEW BEST IDEA
We've asked some of the world's most renowned investors to share their best, most actionable ideas. Where should you put your next dollar? Find out here.
• Jim Chanos, President and Founder, Kynikos Associates
• Leon G. Cooperman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Omega Advisors
• Chris Hohn, Founder, Managing Partner & Portfolio Manager, The Children's Investment Fund Management
• Mark Kingdon, Founder and President, Kingdon Capital Management
12:30 - 2:10 p.m. LUNCHEON WITH KEYNOTE
Introduced by: M. Barry Bausano, President - Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and Global Head PrimeFinance, Deutsche Bank
2:10 - 2:40 p.m.KEYNOTE PRESENTATION
• Preet Bharara, United States Attorney – Southern District of New York
2:40 - 3:10 p.m. POWERING AMERICA
What are the investment implications for the explosion of energy sources in America? What are the likely political and economic outcomes of increased oil, gas and hydraulic fracturing? Will nuclear power and sustainable energy gain enough momentum to cause real change? What are the best power plays for smart institutional allocators?
• Clint Carlson, President, Carlson Capital
• Andrew Feldstein, CEO & Chief Investment Officer, BlueMountain Capital Management
• Gumersindo Oliveros, CEO & CIO, King Abdullah University Endowment
3:10 - 3:40 p.m. ALPHA AGITATOR
• Nelson Peltz, Founding Partner, Trian Fund Management. L.P.
3:40 - 4:10 p.m. COFFEE BREAK
4:10 - 4:40 p.m. HEALTH, WEALTH & HAPPINESS
Three years after being signed into law by President Obama, the Affordable Care Act is set to change the investment landscape, reducing the number of uninsured Americans while raising the cost of providing health care coverage for many companies. We'll explore the winners and losers under Obamacare in the search for "Affordable" alpha.
• Jacob Gottlieb, Managing Partner and CIO, Visium Asset Management, LP
• Kris Jenner, Senior Partner, Rock Springs Capital
• Larry Robbins, Founder, Glenview Capital
4:40 - 5:20 p.m. ASSET BUBBLES
The wisdom of crowds is popular - except when it comes to investing. When the masses rush into comparable trades and trends, the result is diminished returns and compromised capacity. As top investors seek the holy grail of non-correlated returns, how are they angling to strike first and avoid the crowds?
• Michael Novogratz, Principal & Director, Fortress Investment Group
• Michael Sacks, Chairman, CEO and Managing Director, Grosvenor Capital Management
• Steve Kuhn, Head of Fixed Income Trading, Portfolio Manager, Pine River Capital Management
• David Villa, Chief Investment Officer & Chairman, Wisconsin Investment Board
5:20 - 5:50 p.m. ALPHA AGITATOR
• Carl Icahn, Chairman, Icahn Enterprises
5:50 p.m. COCKTAIL RECEPTION