HOUSTON, Feb. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Scott Sheffield, chairman and CEO, Pioneer Natural Resources, and Richard Stoneburner, retired president of BHP Billiton's North America shale production division, will present at Hart Energy's Developing Unconventionals (DUG™) Permian Basin and More conference and exhibition, April 2-4, at the Fort Worth Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas.
DUG Permian Basin, previously known as DUG the Original, delivers a high-level review of continental and global unconventional oil and gas developments. This year's conference features in-depth sessions on the hottest Permian unconventional plays and a special midstream track focused on dramatic changes in the region's takeaway infrastructure. The DUG Permian program culminates in a review of emerging resource plays around the world.
With a new $2.9 billion joint venture with Sinochem Group, Pioneer Natural Resources plans to fast-track horizontal Wolfcamp exploration across its roughly 207,000 net acres in Texas' Upton, Reagan, Irion, Crockett, and Tom Green counties. Sheffield will share the company's findings from dozens of Wolfcamp wells on Wednesday, April 3.
Stoneburner, who helped lead discovery of the Eagle Ford and Haynesville plays and was an early developer of the Wolfcamp play, will present, "A Veteran's Guide to a New, Unconventionals-Driven Approach to Petroleum Geology." In his April 3 remarks, he will share his findings on the exploration, appraisal, and development of unconventional reservoirs.
To date, speakers joining Sheffield and Stoneburner include:
- Gen. Colin Powell, U.S. Army (ret.) and 65th U.S. Secretary of State
- Peter Tertzakian, chief economist, ARC Financial Corp.
- Dr. Carmine Difiglio, deputy asst. secretary, policy analysis, Office of Policy and International Affairs, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Ted Collins Jr., chairman and CEO, Patriot Resources Partners LLC, and co-founder, Collins & Ware, Inc.
- Toby Darden, chairman, Quicksilver Resources Inc.
- Lisa Stewart, CEO, Sheridan Production Partners
- J. Ross Craft, president and CEO, Approach Resources
- Robert E. Dunn, president and CEO, Prism Midstream LLC
- John J. (Jay) Lendrum III, president and CEO, Nuevo Midstream, LLC
- George Yates, president and CEO, HEYCO Energy Group, Inc.
- Randy Hoover, president and chief operating officer, Hoover Energy Partners LP
- E. Russell (Rusty) Braziel, president, RBN Energy LLC
- John Ely, president, Ely & Associates Inc.
- Bob Milam, president, EagleClaw Midstream
- Carl Tricoli, co-founder, managing partner and co-president, Denham Capital Management LP
- Greg Smith, senior vice president, Permian and Midcontinent, DCP Midstream LLC
- John Christmann, vice president, Permian region, Apache Corp.
- Mike Kelly, vice president and senior E &P analyst, Global Hunter Securities, LLC
- Jeff Meisenhelder, vice president, unconventional resources, Schlumberger
- Robin Robinson, vice president, drilling services, Baker Hughes
- Scott Richardson, co-founding principal, RBC Richardson Barr
- Herve Wilczynski, partner, A.T. Kearney
- David J. Howard, P.Eng., director, energy research, ITG
- Richard Mason, chief technical director, Hart Energy
For more information, visit dugpermian.com.
About Hart Energy
For 30-plus years, Hart Energy has been a leader covering news and technology for energy investors and executives. The Houston-based company publishes Oil and Gas Investor, E &P, Midstream Business, and FUEL, online data services (OilandGasInvestor.com, UGcenter.com, A-Dcenter.com), and industry newsletters, and provides research and consulting services. With its successful DUG™ conference series, maps, playbooks, and research studies, Hart Energy offers exceptional depth in unconventional resources information. Visit hartenergy.com for more information.
Photos accompanying this release are available at:
CONTACT: Susan D. Emfinger 713.260.1069 email@example.com
Source: HART Energy