Louisville's Premier Bourbon Event Celebrates the 'Bourbon Arts'
LOUISVILLE, Ky., Feb. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bourbon Classic 2013, the new bourbon-themed event based in Louisville and announced last July, has unveiled details of what attendees will experience during the two-day "connoisseur's weekend."
The Bourbon Classic will take place at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts on March 22 and 23, 2013.The event is designed to attract experts and enthusiasts from across the country in a forum that addresses all aspects of bourbon, from distilling to culinary pairings.
A complete cross-section of the bourbon industry is expected to attend: bourbon distillers, bourbon legends, writers, chefs, bartenders, expert connoisseurs and casual enthusiasts.
Friday, March 22 will focus on entertainment:
- The Bourbon Classic "Cocktail Challenge" featuring contemporary and classic cocktails and hors d'oeuvres prepared by matched teams of chefs and master bartenders
- An Opening After-Party where attendees can mix and mingle with the experts
Saturday, March 23 will focus on education:
- Welcoming Session with Master Distillers
- The "Bourbon Classic University," exploring focused learning sessions like "How the Barrel Influences the Bottle: Exploring Maturation and Bourbon Production;" "Crafting the Perfect Cocktails (and Serving them Right);" "Balance and Flavor in Bourbon and Food;" and "Culinary Tips for Bourbon on the Plate."
- The Bourbon Marketplace offering exhibits and displays featuring bourbon tastings, food tastings, and culinary and bourbon-related products.
- A Closing Night Party featuring music and more
Some of the bourbon industry's most well-known brands have signed up as founding sponsors. The Urban Bourbon Trail is the welcoming sponsor of this event, joining Buffalo Trace Distillery, Four Roses Bourbon, Michter's Distillery, Town Branch Bourbons by Alltech, Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc., Maker's Mark, Blanton's, Sullivan University National Center for Hospitality Studies, Spirits on Ice, LLC, and Wildcat Water.
The Bourbon Classic was co-founded by Tony Butler of FSA Management Group, an established event planning company based in Louisville, and Justin Thompson and Seth Thompson of The Bourbon Review.
"We recognized that there was an opportunity to create a Louisville-based event that showcased the breadth and depth of Kentucky's bourbon heritage," says Tony Butler, co-founder of the Bourbon Classic. "Louisville is a bourbon and culinary hotspot, with some of the best restaurants in the country. It's the metropolitan gateway to the 'Napa Valley' of bourbon, one of Kentucky's finest products. This event brings the city and region together to support the industry at large."
"This is a truly unique experience that brings together the 'rock stars' of the culinary, cocktail, and distilling arts, all under one roof" adds co-founder Justin Thompson. "It's a true connoisseur's weekend."
Ticket sales for the event are available at bourbonclassic.com, which has a preliminary schedule of events, special hotel rates and additional details.
Founded in 2012 by FSA Management Group and The Bourbon Review, The Bourbon Classic is a weekend event exploring the "best of the best" in the authentic world of bourbon. Bourbon Classic 2013 will take place at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts on March 22 – 23. Information is available at http://www.bourbonclassic.com.
The Bourbon Classic logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17047
CONTACT: Andrea Parr Director Public Relations & Digital Media 502.574.9934 firstname.lastname@example.orgSource:FSA Managment Group