GO
Loading...

Costa Concordia Disaster Inspires Bollywood-Style Musical

Photographer | Collection | Getty Images

The Costa Concordia, whose shipwreck claimed 32 lives when it ran aground in January 2012, has inspired a Bollywood-style musical.

Filming is expected to begin at the end of May or early June, but the location has not been confirmed, Agence France-Presse reported.

Location scouts for the Indian-made film say that out of sensitivity to locals of Giglio, Tuscany, where the shipwreck occurred, they are searching for another place to make the movie.

(Read More: Interior Photos of Costa Concordia Shipwreck)

"It will be only loosely based on the sinking of the Costa Concordia," Stefania Ippoliti of the Tuscan Film Commission, which is helping with the project, told media.

"It's about a group of people who are stranded on an island after a shipwreck."

More From Global Post:

Italian Prosecutors Pursue Trial for Costa Concordia Officers

Is France the Next Sick Man of Europe?

Where are Today's Euro Zone Flashpoints?

He described it as a "romantic comedy, not a tragedy." The film has not yet been given a title.

The movie will be produced by Sri Mishri Productions, the Christian Science Monitor reported.

(Read More: Search Efforts Continue on the Costa Concordia)

Earlier this week, prosecutors in Italy launched legal action to put officers of the ship on trial for the accident, arguing that former captain Francesco Schettino should be tried for manslaughter, causing a shipwreck and abandoning ship.

If convicted, Schettino could face up to 20 years in jail.

Entertainment

Television

  • MEXICO CITY, Sept 19- One of Mexico's richest men has resigned from broadcaster Televisa's board over a potential conflict of interest because he wants to acquire his own television network, the company said on Friday.

  • NEW DELHI, Sept 19- An Indian TV news anchor has been sacked after she referred to Chinese President Xi Jinping as' Eleven' Jinping, apparently confusing Xi's name with the Roman numerals XI, a senior official at the state television channel said on Friday,.

  • *Turkish TV saturated by images of brutality. ISTANBUL, Sept 18- Sefer Calinak killed his first wife when he was 17 and murdered his girlfriend a few decades later with an axe. prime-time talk show host Seda Sayan asked Calinak, who served two separate prison sentences for the murders before being released under an amnesty program.