Behind the biggest conceptual change in the evolution of blogging. The easy way to blog: post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos from your browser, phone, desktop, email or wherever you happen to be, and customize everything.
Traditional media and advertising markets.
Headquarters: New York, NY
CEO: David Karp
Year Founded: 2007
Number of Employees: 174
Funding: $125 million
Key Investors: Sequoia Capital, Greylock Partners, Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital and Insight Venture Partners
- Ranks 40th among most-visited U.S. websites, right behind Netflix (Comscore)
- 80 million unique visits a month/222 million globally (Quantcast)
- 106.7 million blogs
- 50 billion posts
- 71 million daily posts
- Average deal size for Tumblr advertising is six figures
- Clients include GE, AT&T, Pepsi
- The 10 top film studios are now advertising on Tumblr
- Mobile growth rate 4 times over past six months
"Disruption is democratizing what was once wholly owned by influencers at big institutions."