Pioneering on-demand 3-D printing marketplace and community to make, buy and sell custom and personalized products.
Product development, manufacturing, supply chain and e-commerce.
Headquarters: New York
CEO: Peter Weijmarshausen
Year Founded: 2007
Number of Employees: N/A
Funding: $47.3 million
Key Investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Lux Capital and Union Square Ventures
- Spun out of the lifestyle incubator of Royal Philips Electronics
- More than 300,000 small business community members
- Building world's largest 3-D printing manufacturing facility in Long Island City, N.Y.
- Long Island City factory will make 3 million to 5 million products annually
- There are over 6 billion product variations within the Shapeways marketplace