Provides more than 15 million users with secure cloud content management and collaboration.
The global enterprise software giants and search and cloud storage leaders--Google, Yahoo, Amazon, Apple.
Headquarters: Los Alamos, Calif.
CEO: Aaron Levie
Year Founded: 2005
Number of Employees: 800
Funding: More than $300 million
Key Investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Emergence Capital Partners, General Atlantic, Meritech Capital Partners, NEA, Scale Venture Partners, U.S. Venture Partners, Salesforce.com and SAP Ventures
- More than 15 million users
- 150,000 businesses using Box
- Revenue growth rate in 2012 was 150 percent
- On pace to double revenue in 2013 (declined to quantify)
- Top clients: Gap, McAfee, Schneider Electric, Procter & Gamble, Electronic Arts, McCann Worldgroup, MGM Resorts International, Netflix, Nationwide, Sony Music and Random House
- Focused currently on expansion and investment, not profit
- Expanding into health care sector
- Expanding in EMEA—Germany, France and Japan offices coming
- Recent fundraising has fueled rumors of an IPO in 2013 at a valuation between $2 billion and $3 billion
- Last week acquired document collaboration company Crocodoc