Software for software developers. Early adopter of software as a service (SaaS).
Traditional enterprise software solutions providers, software as a service (SaaS) giants.
- Co-CEOs started the company in college with a $10,000 credit card
- Reached 2,000 customers in 2004
- Hit 10,000 customers in 2009
- Now north of $100 million in revenue
- Recorded $103 million in revenue in 2011, without one salesperson
- Profitable since founding in 2002—44 quarters of profitability
- Compounded annual growth rate of 47 percent for five straight years
- 25,000 clients, including 83 of the Fortune 100
- Top clients include Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, Hulu, LinkedIn, Netflix, Zynga, eBay, BMW and Nike
- Two of the company's core value statements can't be printed here
CEO: Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar, co-CEOs
Year Founded: 2002
Number of Employees: 600
Funding: $60 million
Key Investors: Accel Partners
"When innovation is bigger than what you're protecting, then you're disrupting. When it's the other way around, you're usually the one being disrupted."