A free cloud storage service that lets you bring your photos, documents and videos anywhere and share them easily.
Global enterprise software companies and search and cloud giants, including Google, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft and Yahoo.
Headquarters: San Francisco
CEO: Drew Houston
Year Founded: 2007
Number of Employees: 280
Funding: $257 million
Key Investors: Index Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Goldman Sachs, Greylock Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, RIT Capital Partners, Valiant Capital Partners, Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners
- More than 1 billion files uploaded daily
- 100 million users in 200 countries
- Recently beat out Yahoo in $100 million acquisition of Mailbox; Yahoo announced deal with Dropbox soon after
- Just poached Facebook's head of mobile design
- Co-founders Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi dropped out of MIT in their last semester to found company