A crowdsourced funding platform for consumer businesses.
Traditional high-growth company funding model.
Headquarters: San Francisco
CEO: Ryan Caldbeck
Year Founded: 2012
Number of Employees: 12
Funding: $9 million
Key Investors: Google Ventures, Union Square Ventures and Maveron
- Clayton Christensen, "the father of disruptive innovation," is an investor
- Has partnership with General Mills and Procter & Gamble
- Has helped 12 small businesses raise $10 million
- Average monthly growth rate 20 percent, and accelerating
- In past four months doubled size of platform, in terms of dollars
- More accredited investors than any other crowdfunding site
- The average CircleUp investor also has three friends using the site
- Companies it has funded include Willagirl, Peeled Snacks, Rhythm Superfoods, NurturMe, 18 Rabbits and RAEN