Mobile-payments technology provider reinventing the cash register, and transactions leader in the mobile-wallet war.
The way consumers buy, merging e-commerce with financial services infrastructure to disrupt the transaction revenue and retail market.
Headquarters: San Francisco
CEO: Jack Dorsey
Year Founded: 2009
Number of Employees: 500+
Funding: $341 million
Key Investors: Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, VISA, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Tiger Technology Global Management, Citi Ventures, Rizvi Traverse Management, Richard Branson, Starbucks and JPMorgan Chase
- Processing more than $12 billion in payments annually.
- Millions of individuals and businesses are able to accept credit cards via Square.
- Square card readers are available in more than 30,000 retail locations nationwide.
- More than 300,00 merchants are in the Square directory.
- Square is accepted in more than 7,000 store-owned Starbucks nationwide.
"Everyone has an idea. But it's really about executing the idea and attracting other people to help you work on the idea."