The big data provider of traffic. The largest traffic information network in the world, offering real-time, historical and predictive traffic flow information.
The consumer and commercial transportation markets.
Headquarters: Kirkland, Wash.
CEO: Bryan Mistele
Year Founded: 2005
Number of Employees: 300
Funding: $68 million
Key Investors: Bain Capital, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Venrock Associates
- Traffic congestion costs the U.S. economy $155 billion a year
- 3.9 billion gallons of gas are wasted annually sitting in traffic
- Its data can help an average passenger save at least one full day in traffic, one tank of gas and 350 pounds of CO2 per year
- Its driving down operational costs for metro, regional and national transport agencies
- Is a data backbone for England's national highway network
- Is now being used in one of world's most congested traffic markets: China
- Can help homeowners decide where to buy
- Can tell you which roads in a blizzard haven't been plowed
- Uses changes in traffic behavior as a macroeconomic indicator
- Top clients include Ford, the BBC, Toyota, Audi, BMW, MotionX, Garmin and Roadnet Technologies