The big data provider of traffic. The largest traffic information network in the world, offering real-time, historical and predictive traffic flow information.
The consumer and commercial transportation markets.
Headquarters: Kirkland, Wash.
CEO: Bryan Mistele
Year Founded: 2005
Number of Employees: 300
Funding: $68 million
Key Investors: Bain Capital, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Venrock Associates
- Traffic congestion costs the U.S. economy $155 billion a year
- 3.9 billion gallons of gas are wasted annually sitting in traffic
- Its data can help an average passenger save at least one full day in traffic, one tank of gas and 350 pounds of CO2 per year
- Its driving down operational costs for metro, regional and national transport agencies
- Is a data backbone for England's national highway network
- Is now being used in one of world's most congested traffic markets: China
- Can help homeowners decide where to buy
- Can tell you which roads in a blizzard haven't been plowed
- Uses changes in traffic behavior as a macroeconomic indicator
- Top clients include Ford, the BBC, Toyota, Audi, BMW, MotionX, Garmin and Roadnet Technologies
"Using technology in unique ways to solve societal problems like the constant frustration we feel fighting traffic on the daily commute."