World's fastest-growing, community-based traffic and navigation app.
Passenger transportation market, advertising market and retail.
Headquarters: Palo Alto, Calif. (U.S. office, company based in Israel)
CEO: Noam Bardin
Year Founded: 2008
Number of Employees: 110
Funding: $67 million
Key Investors: BlueRun Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Horizon Ventures, Magma Venture Partners, Vertex Venture Capital and Qualcomm
- 47 million users in 193 countries
- Grew by 3.6 million users in March 2013 alone
- 90 million user reports (year-end 2012)
- 65,000 map editors made 500 million edits (year-end 2012)
- 6 billion miles driven by users (year-end 2012)
- Average active user (32%) spends 400 minutes a month on app
- Collectively, Americans waste 500,000 years each year stuck in traffic, or 4.2 billion hours (Urban Mobility Report)
- A report by the New Cities Foundation found that sharing real-time traffic information made drivers happier
- Pioneering location-guided advertising platform for brands and their consumers to reach drivers in real time.
- Rumored to be $1 billion acquisition target of Facebook and Google
"Disruption means doing much more with less, via radically different methods like the deep collaboration of Waze's Wiki-style mapmaking system."