Self-engagement technology for individuals aimed at bringing down health-care costs and providing better care.
Traditional health-care industry model.
Headquarters: Washington/San Francisco
CEO: Grant Verstandig
Year Founded: 2010
Number of Employees: 90
Funding: $33 million
Key Investors: Cigna and Cardinal Health, Roger Ferguson (CEO of TIAA CREF), Jack Rowe (former chairman and CEO of Aetna), John Sculley (former Apple CEO and PepsiCo president) and New Leaf Ventures
- Claims 75% of health-care spending can be cut by eliminating preventable illnesses
- Claims at least $2 trillion a year in wasteful health care costs can be saved, and redirected to research and monitoring
- Partners include Fitbit and Polar
- Clients include Cigna and Value Options
- Anticipates breaking even in 2014