Community-based travel marketplace connecting people to nonstandard travel options around the globe.
Traditional global lodging industry.
Headquarters: San Francisco
CEO: Brian Chesky
Year Founded: 2008
Number of Employees: N/A
Funding: $120 million
Key Investors: DST Global, General Catalyst, Jeff Bezos and Andreessen Horowitz
- In 2008, Airbnb was only in the United States
- It's now in 33,000 cities and 192 countries
- Grown from 120,000 listings at the start of 2012 to 300,000 listings
- Airbnb has booked 4 million guests total
- Three million guests were booked in 2012
- Over 10 million nights booked
- Over 600 million social connections
- Opened 11 new offices in 2012