A mobile billing system eliminating the need for debit and credit cards in online purchases by billing directly to mobile phone numbers.
Leveraging telecom infrastructure to disrupt credit card transaction industry.
Headquarters: San Francisco
CEO: Mark Britto
Year Founded: 2009
Number of Employees: 115
Funding: $75 million
Key Investors: New Enterprise Associates, Andreessen Horowitz, Telefonica, Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Khosla Ventures and Index Ventures
- $195 million in revenue in 2012
- Revenue growth 2011-2012: 45.29 percent
- Revenue growth 2009-2012: 140.48 percent
- Largest global mobile payments network
- In 66 countries and covered by 240 carriers
- Clients include Facebook, Electronic Arts, Disney, Sony and Zynga
- CEO Mark Britto's start-up Accept.com was acquired by Amazon to help build its global payments platform