A cloud-based platform that allows developers and businesses lacking any physical telecom infrastructure to create scalable calling and messaging services for mobile, online and desktop.
Traditional telecom infrastructure and communications system providers.
Headquarters: San Francisco
CEO: Jeff Lawson
Year Founded: 2007
Number of Employees: 200
Funding: $34 million
Key Investors: Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Lowercase Capital and Founders Fund
- Revenue has grown at a compounded aggregate rate of almost 400 percent over the past three years
- Annual customer churn rate (discontinued accounts) is only 5%--even with no contract requirement
- Clients include Home Depot, Sony, @WalmartLabs, Salesforce, eBay, Hulu, Trulia, Airbnb and Uber
- Encourages people to come help it "disrupt a $1.3 trillion industry" on its career page
- Other industry estimates put the size of the global telecom annual revenue opportunity at between $1.5 trillion and $2 trillion