Big Hair, Big Markets, Big Scandals: Talking Squawk
Hair Nation (courtesy of @PaulDeFabo and our Twitterless TD Keith Falcone)
Who says Joe is not in favor of big government? In fact, we hear he is eyeing the job of CFTC commissioner Bart Chilton.
Mark Your Calendar (or Set Your DVR):
- Monday: Richard Fisher, president of Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Tuesday: Dick Bove (bank analyst extraordinaire) of Rafferty Capital
- Wednesday: Gary Parr, vice chairman Lazard Freres
- Thursday: Robert Nardelli, former Home Depot CEO and David Cote, CEO of Honeywell CEO
- Friday: Martin Franklin, executive chairman at Jarden and Saira Malik, head of global equity research at TIAA-CREF
Tweets of Note
(The Coaster is gone, but the New Jersey Shore is coming back better than ever!)
(Wow! It's a Dodd-Frank-a-Paloosa! It must be a hot-ticket on StubHub! John, geez, we love ya, but you got to get out more.)
@morningmoneyben: Why do I always try to reason w/ Twitter? What is the matter with me?
(Ben, POLITICO's Morning Money man, never invite people to answer that question. See tweet above. You can end up like Carney!)
Data Check: Next Week's Economic Calendar
- Monday: Nada
- Tuesday: Zippo
- Wednesday 2 p.m. ET: FOMC Minutes of Meeting of April 30-May 1 (somebody find Liesman!)
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. ET: Weekly Jobless Claims
- Friday 8:30 a.m. ET: Durable Goods (April)
It was a one-day week in the word jumble. After Monday's show Becky left with a BIG WIN for the "Microsoft CEO Summit," leaving Joe all alone with no one to challenge him. (He slaughters me and doesn't even consider me competition.)
Word Joe stumbled on when jumbled: CIMONE (Income)
Let's give them both a bonus word to keep them fresh for next week's return to competition.
Joe's bonus jumbled word of the week: YCCTTROEH
Becky's bonus jumbled word of the week: KOYORBAE
*Answers at the end
Must Follow Them
The entire CNBC team stepped up to the plate this week while Becky and Andrew were on assignment. So instead of making me say "thank you," can you just follow them on Twitter for me at @MandyCNBC, @MCaruso_Cabrera, @SteveLiesman, @KaylaTausche, @JBoorstin, and @RobTFrank.
"Joseph Richard" Lannister
Who knew Joe came from royalty? Does this mean we can cut a hand off like Jamie "The Kingslayer?" (a.k.a. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) on "Game of Thrones."
Earning Season is winding down (at least they keep saying that).
- Monday: Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS), Ryan Air Holdings (RYA.L)
- Tuesday: Dell (DELL), Hewlett Packard (HWP), Medtronic (MDT), Saks (SKS)
- Wednesday: Lowe's (LOW), Staples (SPLS), Target (TGT), Toll Brothers (TOL)
- Thursday: Dollar Tree (DLTR), Gap (GPS), Sears (SHLD)
- Friday: Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), Foot Locker (FL)
The "Corny-Sappy Motivational Business-Based Inspirational Quote" for the Weekend
"Yesterday's home runs don't win today's games." – Babe Ruth
Looking Forward to the Weekend Because…
Allergy season is finally ending. (good thing, the pharmacy won't sell me anymore Zyrtec-D because they think I'm running a meth–lab in my basement!)
Farewell to all my loyal readers. Thank you for your support.
This will likely be my last blog because I currently have the winning Powerball ticket for Saturday's huge drawing in my wallet.
Talking Squawk: Signing off (hopefully forever!)
*Joe's Jumble Bonus Word Answer: YCCTTROEH (Crotchety)
*Becky's Jumble Bonus Word Answer: KOYORBAE (Yearbook)