Energy efficiency software company that allows utilities to make customers smarter about usage.
Traditional energy and power supply providers.
Headquarters: Arlington, Va.
CEO: Daniel Yates
Year Founded: 2007
Number of Employees: 350 (adding 150 in 2013)
Funding: $65 million
Key Investors: Accel Partners, Founder Collective, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, MHS Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Ali & Hadi Partovi (angel investors)
- Opower now works with 75 utility partners to change behavior within 15 million homes.
- Also works with eight of the 10 largest U.S. utilities.
- Pioneer in software as a service (SaaS) model for utility sector.
- 75 utility customers, including eight of the 10 largest U.S. utilities.
- Has saved customers over 2.3 terawatt hours of energy, over $280 million on energy bills, and has abated over 3 billion tons of CO2.
- 280 percent five-year revenue compound annual growth rate.
- Opower grew by 79 percent in 2012.
- The average person spends six minutes a year thinking about their energy use. (Accenture)
"Disruption is inventing new products that align consumers and government to create outcomes that are better for all of us."