METALS-London copper rises, but on track for 2nd week of losses
SINGAPORE, June 14 (Reuters) - London copper climbed on Friday as some investors covered short positions, but remained on track to close down for the second straight week on worries over tepid Chinese demand growth and an early end to easy monetary policy by global central banks.
* Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange had climbed 1.15 percent to $7,131 a tonne by 0115 GMT, reversing losses from the previous session.
* Copper prices, which fell to the lowest since May 3 on Thursday at $7,011.25, have dropped around 10 percent so far this year.
* The most-traded October copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange edged down 0.19 percent to 5,1570 yuan ($8,400) a tonne.
* U.S. retail sales rose more than expected in May and first-time applications for unemployment benefits fell last week, signs of economic resilience in the face of belt-tightening in Washington.
* The European Union lodged a complaint at the World Trade Organization on Thursday against China's imposition of anti-dumping duties on imports of stainless steel tubes, six months after Japan filed a similar case, the WTO said.
* South Korea bought 3,000 tonnes of copper and 300 tonnes of tin for arrival between November and December via tenders closed on Thursday.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click , or
* Asian shares recovered from multi-month lows on Friday, as a rebound in U.S. equities on the back of the upbeat economic data.
* The U.S. dollar remained in the doldrums in early Asian trade on Friday, having slumped to a fresh four-month low against a basket of currencies.
DATA/EVENTS (GMT) 0900 EZ Inflation, final yy May 1230 U.S. PPI inflation yy May 1230 U.S. Producer prices mm May 1230 U.S. Producer prices, core mm May 1230 U.S. Producer prices, core yy May 1230 U.S. Current account 1315 U.S. Industrial output mm May 1355 U.S. U Mich 1yr inflation 1355 U.S. U Mich conditions Jun 1355 U.S. U Mich expectations Jun 1355 U.S. U Mich sentiment Jun 1930 U.S. CFTC commitment of traders data Weekly
Base metals prices at 0114 GMT
Metal Last Change Pct Move YTD pct chg LME Cu 7131.00 81.00 +1.15 -10.09 SHFE CU FUT OCT3 51570 -100 -0.19 -10.98 HG COPPER JUL3 3.22 0.03 +1.02 -11.91 LME Alum 1861.50 4.50 +0.24 -10.20 SHFE AL FUT SEP3 14705 -20 -0.14 -6.16 LME Zinc 1856.00 14.00 +0.76 -10.77 SHFE ZN FUT SEP3 14515 -65 -0.45 -9.59 LME Nickel 14150.00 90.00 +0.64 -17.06 LME Lead 2096.00 10.00 +0.48 -10.04 SHFE PB FUT 0.00 -14085.00 -100.00 -100.00 LME Tin 20350.00 0.00 +0.00 -13.03 LME/Shanghai arb^ -772
Shanghai and COMEX contracts show most active months month ($1 = 6.1344 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Melanie Burton; Editing by Joseph Radford)