METALS-London copper drops for 5th day in six, firm dollar weighs
SINGAPORE, June 24 (Reuters) - London copper futures dropped for a fifth session out of six on Monday and stayed near 20-month lows, hurt by a firmer dollar and worries over slower demand in top consumer China.
* Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange dropped 0.8 percent to $6,765.25 a tonne by 0133 GMT. The industrial metal lost nearly 4 percent last week, its biggest weekly loss in two months. It dropped to a low of $6,692 on Friday, its weakest since October 2011.
* The most-traded October copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange was down 0.4 percent at 48,950 yuan ($8,000) a tonne.
* Data last week showing China's factory activity hit a nine-month low in June underlined worries over slower economic growth in China. There were also fears of a banking crunch after the Chinese central bank let short-term interest rates spike to extraordinary levels last week as it refused to inject funds into money markets.
* Rio Tinto said its plan to start exporting copper from the $6.2 billion Oyu Tolgoi mine on Friday has been delayed at the request of the Mongolian government, heightening investor concerns about the risks of mining in the country. MARKETS NEWS
* The dollar hit a fresh two-week high against a basket of major currencies as momentum builds after the Federal Reserve laid out a roadmap for scaling back stimulus. Asian shares were steady.
DATA/EVENTS (GMT) 0800 Germany Ifo business climate 0800 Germany Ifo expectations
0800 Italy Consumer confidence 1230 U.S. Chicago National Activity Index 1430 U.S. Dallas Fed Manufacturing Index
Base metals prices at 0133 GMT
Metal Last Change Pct Move YTD pct chg LME Cu 6765.25 -52.75 -0.77 -14.70 SHFE CU FUT OCT3 48950 -190 -0.39 -15.50 HG COPPER JUL3 3.06 -0.04 -1.31 -16.36 LME Alum 1791.00 -2.00 -0.11 -13.60 SHFE AL FUT OCT3 14305 -20 -0.14 -8.71 LME Zinc 1841.25 -2.75 -0.15 -11.48 SHFE ZN FUT OCT3 14400 30 +0.21 -10.31 LME Nickel 13960.00 -115.00 -0.82 -18.17 LME Lead 2020.00 0.00 +0.00 -13.30 SHFE PB FUT 13910.00 -50.00 -0.36 -13.33 LME Tin 19750.00 -250.00 -1.25 -15.60 LME/Shanghai arb^ -635
Shanghai and COMEX contracts show most active months ($1 = 6.1329 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Manolo Serapio Jr.; Editing by Himani Sarkar)