METALS-Copper mired near 3-year low on stimulus pull-back worry
SINGAPORE, June 28 (Reuters) - London copper fell on Friday and was trading near three-year lows on jitters about the U.S. Federal Reserve drawing back stimulus, tarnishing the allure of commodities against a backdrop of fitful economic growth.
* Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange fell 0.69 percent to $6,703 a tonne by 0136 GMT, from the previous session when it finished little changed. Prices earlier dipped to $6660.50 a tonne, near a three-year low of $6,602 a tonne hit on June 25.
* The most-traded October copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange slipped 0.54 percent to 48,300 yuan ($7,900) a tonne.
* Two influential Federal Reserve policymakers on Thursday sought to dissuade investors that monetary accommodation was fading any time soon, each saying markets have misinterpreted the U.S. central bank's intentions.
* Growth in China's vast factory sector may have stalled in June as domestic and external demand weakened, a Reuters poll showed, boding ill for broad economic prospects in the second half.
* U.S. consumer spending rebounded in May and new applications for unemployment benefits fell last week, suggesting the economy remained on a moderate growth path.
* The London Metal Exchange (LME) has delisted warehouses owned by Henry Bath in South Korea, Singapore, the Netherlands, Spain and the United States.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click , or
* Asian shares edged higher to extend gains for a third day on Friday, tracking an overnight rise in global equities on easing fears of an early end to U.S. monetary stimulus, but caution remained about Chinese markets.
* The dollar hovered just below a four-week peak early in Asia on Friday, having lost only a bit of ground after two more Federal Reserve officials sought to play down fears over the central bank's plan to gradually reduce stimulus.
DATA/EVENTS (GMT) 0600 Germany Retail sales 0645 France Consumer spending 1200 Germany Consumer inflation 1345 U.S. Chicago PMI 1600 U.S. USDA quarterly grain stocks, acreage report Base metals prices at 0136 GMT
Metal Last Change Pct Move YTD pct chg LME Cu 6703.75 -46.25 -0.69 -15.47 SHFE CU FUT OCT3 48300 -260 -0.54 -16.62 HG COPPER JUL3 3.03 -0.03 -0.88 -17.17 LME Alum 1766.00 1.00 +0.06 -14.81 SHFE AL FUT OCT3 14235 -35 -0.25 -9.16 LME Zinc 1845.00 -5.00 -0.27 -11.30 SHFE ZN FUT OCT3 14420 25 +0.17 -10.18 LME Nickel 13815.00 -40.00 -0.29 -19.02 LME Lead 2040.25 -11.75 -0.57 -12.44 SHFE PB FUT 13910.00 -10.00 -0.07 -13.33 LME Tin 19765.00 -5.00 -0.03 -15.53 LME/Shanghai arb^ -335
Shanghai and COMEX contracts show most active months
($1 = 6.1490 Chinese yuan)
(Editing by Richard Pullin)