Best in Show! Squawking jobs, Fed and hot wheels
Becky: "Take a look at shares of the major fertilizer producers. All down double-digit percentages on news Russia's Uralkali quit the world's largest potash cartel, heralding a price war among companies that produce the key fertilizer ingredient."
Joe: "A price war in the fertilizer sector? Holy Shih-TZU!"
Tweets of Note
(This was in response to a report by Ross Westgate on the British development of a 'stem cell burger'. OK, that's officially gross!)
Ben White (a.k.a. @morningmoneyben):
(Love it! Now we can officially torture Ben in Squawk style by making even more fun of his non-Google Glass glasses and calling him at all hours of the day and night just to tell him his appearance the next day will probably be canceled due to more important news.)
"Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars Teresa Giudice and Giuseppe "Joe" Giudice made the front page of the New York tabloids this week due to allegations of a serious federal fraud rap. This, of course, got Joe talking about it on the show. The next thing you know, the control room made its own version.
Must follow them @
- Monday: EW Scripps, Tyson Foods, Vornado
- Tuesday: Avis/Budget, CVS Caremark, Disney, Liberty Media, Marathon Oil, Tenet Health
- Wednesday: AOL, Groupon, Tesla Motors, Time Warner
- Thursday: Apollo Global, Nvidia, T-Mobile, Visteon
- Friday: Chesapeake, Olympic Steel
Overheard on the set
"Hey, check out this really cool blog called "NetNet" on CNBC.com. It's written by this really awesome guy John Carney. I think you can follow him on Twitter at @Carney." (Really awesome Jeff Cox also writes it, and you can follow him on Twitter @JeffCoxCNBCcom.)
(Hacked again by "Net Net!" We need a new firewall!)
It was disastrous week for Becky in the word jumble competition (seven-years-plus and still going)! She got blanked 4-0 by Joe.
Joe's bonus Jumbled word of the week is PWREOPH.
Becky's bonus jumbled word of the week is MLHAKAOO.
*Answers at the end
Mark your calendar (or set your DVR)
- Monday: Barry Knapp (Barclays) and Glenn Hubbard (Columbia business school dean)
- Tuesday: Harold Ford Jr. (NBC political analyst) and Sheila Bair (rormer FDIC chief)
- Wednesday: Squawk Master Jeremy Siegel (Wharton School)
- Thursday: Jurrien Timmer (Fidelity Investments) and Thomas Lee (JPMorgan)
- Friday: Charles Kantor (Neuberger Berman)
The "corny-sappy motivational business-based inspirational quote" for the weekend
"I've learned that mistakes can often be as good a teacher as success." —Jack Welch
(He's our No. 1 CEO of all time here on Squawk! Follow him on Twitter at @jack_welch)
*Joe's Jumble Bonus Word answer: PWREOPH=whopper
*Becky'sJumble Bonus Word answer: MLHAKAOO=Oklahoma