Squawking Miller Time, TARP love, and Tesla fire
Show 2,000 ... and Counting!
Jim had a big week—taking "Mad Money" to Wall Street to celebrate the 2,000th show on Tuesday! Way to go Jim!
This type of battery fire story rarely picks up steam or becomes a problem for investors ... just ask Boeing?!
Must Follow Them @
Time to curry some favor with CNBC's team of great reporters! Make sure you follow @SteveLiesman, @RobTFrank, @JohnJHarwood, @EYoonCNBC, @KaylaTausche, @MThompsonCNBC, @seemaCNBC Mody, @JackieDeAngelis, @JBoorstin, @Sharon_Epperson, @ScottCohnCNBC, @EamonJavers, @BobPisani, @CourtReagan, @KateKellyCNBC, @JaneWells @JonFortt, @CNBCJosh Lipton, and @TheDomino Dominic Chu.
(Most of these awesome reporters also follow me—not that they should feel any guilt if they don't follow @matthew_quayle. Don't worry. I would never point it out publicly or feel slighted in anyway Mary, John, Robert, Bob, Kate, Courtney, Dominic, and Josh. Never!)
Joe and Becky Quick love to play the word jumble in the paper—a "Squawk Box" tradition after the show for seven years running. Joe got two wins this week. Becky had one.
Joe's bonus Jumbled word of the week: RMBEUM
Becky's bonus jumbled word of the week: EBLBPE
*Answers at the end
Mark Your Calendar (or Set Your DVR)
- Monday: Alan Krueger, former White House Council of Economic Advisers chairman
- Tuesday: Real estate mogul Sam Zell
- Wednesday: Energy guru T. Boone Pickens
- Thursday: Jim Chanos, famed short-seller
- Friday: Legendary CEO and our old boss Jack Welch
By the Numbers ... (This is what's scheduled this week. But with the government shutdown only God knows what we'll really get.)
- Tuesday: Trade Gap Data (Aug.)
- Wednesday: FOMC minutes are released from the September meeting, when the Fed surprised Wall Street and decided not to taper its $85-billion-a-month bond-buying program
- Thursday: Weekly Jobless claims and Import/Export Prices (Sept.)
- Friday: Retail Sales (Sept.); Producer Price Index (Sept.); and Wells Fargo earnings
"Corny-Sappy Motivational Business-Based Inspirational Quote" for the Weekend ...
"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right!"
*Joe's Jumble bonus word answer: RMBEUM=bummer
*Becky's Jumble bonus word answer: EBLBPE=pebble