Squawking Sky high flats, #Twitter IPO, taxing pot
Tax the joint
Remember all the debate about raising taxes on the rich? Colorado thinks it has a new solution to raising revenue: Don't worry about taxing the rich or the poor, just tax the weed.
Overheard on the set
Anchor #1: "I'm excited. This is a big day."
Anchor #2: "I'm hungry."
Joe and Becky love to play the Word Jumble in the paper. It's been a tough week for Becky. She got one win to Joe's three. Joe's bonus word of the week is SOCPRE. Becky's word is YIRATGV. (Get the answers at the end.)
Mark your calendar (or set your DVR)
· Monday: Former Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H.
· Tuesday: Thomas Lee of JPMorgan and Tim Sloan, CFO at Wells Fargo
· Wednesday: (Stay tuned! Nobody's booked yet.)
· Thursday: Gary Kaminsky of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
· Friday: David Steiner, CEO of Waste Management; and Thomas Watjen, CEO at Unum Group
· Monday: Veteran's Day ... markets open, banks closed
· Tuesday: NFIB Small Business Survey (7:30 a.m. ET)
· Wednesday: Import/Export Prices (8:30 a.m. ET)
· Thursday: Trade Gap, Jobless Claims, Productivity (all at 8:30 a.m. ET)
· Friday: Industrial Production (9:15 a.m. ET)
The Corny-Sappy Motivational Business-Based Inspirational Quote
"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and only five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you will do things differently."
*Joe's Jumble bonus word answer: SOCPRE=Corpse
*Becky's Jumble bonus word answer: YIRATGV=Gravity