Fully Redesigned CNBC Android Phone App Now Available at Google Play
Englewood Cliffs, NJ, November 25, 2013 – CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, today announced that it has launched its newly improved Android phone app. CNBC's updated app for smartphones delivers real-time, streaming stock market quotes throughout the day with options for both pre-market and after-hours trading data. Additionally, users can receive breaking news alerts so they can stay on top of the market no matter where they are and have the ability to watch on demand more than 150 top CNBC business video clips added daily from around the globe.
"Our goal is to provide our users with all of the real-time data, news and analysis they need on whatever platform they choose," said Scott Boyarsky, Senior Vice President of Technology, CNBC. "Today's announcement is an important step for us since now our Android phone app users from around the globe can get the information they need in a rich, high-quality experience they deserve."
"Our new Android app has been completely redesigned and includes all of our global content in an integrated international edition," said Deepanshu Bagchee, Head of Digital for International at CNBC. "The app now gives users the power of CNBC, with news and analysis from around the world, right on your Android device."
The updated CNBC Android phone app features include:
New Homepage & Navigation
* Users can select either the U.S. or International edition to access CNBC.com content, including the latest slideshows and special reports
* Ability to add Favorite news sections to the navigation for fast access
Live, Streaming Real-Time Stock Quotes and Charts
* A My Stocks personalization tool that allows users to create and track their favorite company stocks in real-time with access to charts and business news headlines
* Real-time stock market data direct from the NYSE, NYSE ARCA, NASDAQ, London Stock Exchange- U.K. and Frankfurt Stock Exchange- Germany
* Plus extended hours and pre-markets coverage of the NYSE, NYSE ARCA, and NASDAQ
* Global Stock Indexes, Currencies, Commodities & Bonds with historical treasury yield curves.
* Real-Time Interactive & Historical Charts, offering custom timeframes from one day to five years, including pre & post market trading.
* Access top stocks of the day being followed and discussed on CNBC as well as company specific news, videos clips, profiles, returns and key metrics.
*Market data from XETRA (Germany); Euronext Paris (France); Euronext Amsterdam (Netherlands); Euronext Lisbon (Portugal); Euronext Brussels (Belgium); Singapore Exchange (Singapore) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Hong Kong)*
CNBC's exclusive breaking business news and alerts
* Push notifications alert users to critical business news breaking around the world.
* Plus, all the stock market news, top stories, instant analysis and expert opinions on investing that only CNBC can provide - updated throughout the day.
* More than 150 on demand video clips are added daily from CNBC's global television networks which broadcast from three continents (U.S., Europe, Asia) and deliver the latest video business news & analysis.
The redesigned CNBC Android App is available for free at Google Play.
*Data from these markets is not real-time.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD , CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 390 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 16 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBC Universal Media Village Web site athttp://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/networks/cnbc/