M. Night Shyamalan's 'Sixth Sense' on education
The Google "party" barge is under investigation to see if the proper permits were obtained. Yes, "party" is me editorializing, but I so hope it's actually true. How much great material would a "Revenge of the Nerds"-like party barge floating around San Francisco Bay give us to play with? Imagine the "wear your Google Glass only sunset cruises" while the sounds of Devo's "Whip it, whip it good" blast across the bay.
Overheard on the set
Anchor #1: "So we're all going to Davos!"
Anchor #2: "Ugh, can I go to the bathroom now?"
Joe and Becky's Word Jumble grudge match (7 years running now) was knotted up 2-2 this week. Here's Joe's bonus word: IDOHSL. Here's Becky's word: MIMDEU.
Mark your calendar (or set your DVR) for our guests hosts
- Monday: Larry Bossidy, former Honeywell CEO
- Tuesday: Ken Langone, founder of Home Depot
- Wednesday: Dennis Gartman, editor of The Gartman Letter, and BB&T CEO Kelly King
- Thursday: Martin Franklin, Jarden executive chairman
- Friday: Steve Sadove, former Saks CEO
Next week's economic calendar
- Tuesday: NFIB Small Biz (7:30 a.m. ET)
- Thursday: Jobless Claims, Retail Sales, and Import/Export Prices (8:30 a.m. ET)
- Friday: Producer Price Index (8:30 a.m. ET)
'Corny-Sappy Motivational Business-Based Inspirational Quote'
"Business opportunities are like buses, there's always another one coming."
*Joe's Jumble bonus word answer: IDOHSL = oldish
*Becky's Jumble bonus word answer: MIMDEU = medium