Squawking Davos with Hollywood and Wall Street stars
Talking Squawk, the official "Squawk Box" blog, provides tidbits, insights and some sarcastic reflections on the WEEK THAT WAS and the WEEK TO COME from the notepad of the show's senior executive producer.
Which means before we get to all the serious stuff, we have a link to the video of Joe touring the local "High Altitude" brewery, and our crew couldn't travel to Switzerland without giving curling a try.
But we actually did some work, too. It's hard to sum up all we learned and who we met. It's a true example of when it rains, it pours. But the interviews are worth a closer look, so I'll link to many of them below and you can pick and choose. (OR JUST WATCH THEM ALL!)
- Goldman Sachs Chairman and CEO Lloyd Blankfein: Be 'long, not short' emerging markets in the long term
- Sir Richard Branson on bitcoin: Take that, Mr. Dimon
- George Soros on Russia: Putin acting out from a point of weakness
- Bono and Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan on Super Bowl offer to fight AIDS in Africa
- JPMorgan Chairman and CEO Jamie Dimon: Economy starting to fire on all cylinders
- Treasury Secretary Jack Lew: Dimon and I share 'incredulity' on bitcoin
- Dow Chemical Chairman and CEO Andrew Liveris: Political uncertainty biggest risk to world economy
- Harvard's Ken Rogoff on assessing global risk
- Aetna Chairman and CEO Mark Bertolini: We could be forced out of Obamacare
- Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson on global expansion plans
- Starwood Hotels CEO Frits Van Paasschen on its expansion plans
- Hedge fund legend Ray Dalio on why he thinks stocks and bonds are fairly valued
- William Browder, CEO of Hermitage Capital Management, on Russian corruption and Winter Olympics security
- Morgan Stanley Chairman and CEO James Gorman: Our strategy is in place, results not there yet
- Liberty Global CEO Mike Fries on reshaping media
- Deal Buzz with David Rubenstein of the Carlyle Group
- Tom Donohue, CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Government, get out of the way
- NYSE Euronext CEO Duncan Niederauer: Retail investor 'scared' out of the market
- Judith Rodin, CEO of the Rockefeller Foundation on targeting youth unemployment
- Novartis CEO Joe Jimenez: Healthier people, healthier economy
- Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker: We need to protect consumers' credit
- Blackstone Chairman and CEO Steve Schwarzman on real estate
- Larry Summers, former Obama adviser and Clinton Treasury secretary: Don't tear down the rich
- Coca-Cola Chairman and CEO Muhtar Kent on putting kids back to work
All you have to do is fill out a perfect NCAA March Madness college basketball pool, and Dan Gilbert of Quicken Loans will send the check in the mail.
It's a good thing Warren Buffett is insuring this contest!
Shark Tank Tuesdays
He's a shark in business clothes.
"Shark Tank's" own Kevin O'Leary spent a morning on the "Squawk Box" set this week and gave us his thoughts on government regulation and the challenges facing small business.
Earnings on tap