"Officials of White Lodging Services Corporation, an independent hotel management company, announce the suspected breach of point of sales systems from the period March 20 - December 16, 2013 at food and beverage outlets, such as restaurants and lounges, at 14 properties," the company said in a statement issued Monday afternoon.
"In addition, there was one property where the point of sale system and property management system used at the front desk were also suspected as affected. White Lodging manages hotels under agreements with the hotel owners and is a distinct and separate entity from specific hotel brands," the company said.
The food and beverage outlets affected by the suspected breach were located at the following hotels:
• Marriott Midway, Chicago
• Holiday Inn Midway, Chicago
• Holiday Inn Austin Northwest, Austin, Texas
• Sheraton Erie Bayfront, Erie, Pa.
• Westin Austin at The Domain, Austin, Texas
• Marriott Boulder, Boulder, Colo.
• Marriott Denver South, Denver
• Marriott Austin South, Austin, Texas
• Marriott Indianapolis Downtown, Indianapolis
• Marriott Richmond Downtown, Richmond, Va.
• Marriott Louisville Downtown, Louisville Ky.
• Renaissance Plantation, Plantation, Fla.
• Renaissance Broomfield Flatiron, Broomfield, Colo.
• Radisson Star Plaza, Merrillville, Ind.
(Read more: Neiman Marcus breach undetected for 5 months)