We are thrilled to host the 4th annual Delivering Alpha conference at The Pierre, bringing together the most important players in asset management tackling the critical issues facing investors in today's economy. Please continue to check back for updates. Download the 2014 agenda.
JULY 16, 2014
7:30 - 8:20 a.m. BREAKFAST AND REGISTRATION
8:20 - 8:30 a.m. WELCOME
Master of Ceremonies: Tyler Mathisen, Co-Anchor, "Power Lunch" and "Nightly Business Report", CNBC
• Diane Alfano, Chairman, Institutional Investor
• Mark Hoffman, President, CNBC
8:30 - 9:05 a.m. KEYNOTE
Jacob J. Lew, The 76th United States Secretary of the Treasury
Interviewed by Jim Cramer, Host of "Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer" & Co-Anchor of "Squawk on the Street," CNBC
*Please note: Doors will close at 8:20 a.m. sharp. No one will be permitted to enter or exit once the Treasury Secretary arrives. Doors will reopen at the conclusion of the opening keynote address.
9:05 - 9:35 a.m. THE GLOBAL STAGE
Political unrest, monetary policy maneuvers, market uncertainty. Navigating an ever-changing investment landscape. We'll gather a group of world-class investors to debate and discuss opportunities and challenges across the globe.
Moderator: Kelly Evans, Co-Anchor, "Closing Bell", CNBC
• Lee Ainslie, Chief Executive Officer, Maverick Capital
• Mary Callahan Erdoes, Chief Executive Officer, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
• Paul Marshall, CIO and Chairman, Marshall Wace
• Jane Mendillo, President and Chief Executive Officer, Harvard Management Company
10:00 - 10:30 a.m. COFFEE BREAK
10:30 - 11:15 a.m. BEST IDEAS
We've asked some of the world's most renowned investors to share their best, most actionable ideas. Where should you put your next dollar? Find out here.
• Leon G. Cooperman, Chairman, Omega Advisors
• Larry Robbins, Founder, Portfolio Manager and Chief Executive Officer, Glenview Capital Management
• Michael Novogratz, Principal and Director, Fortress Investment Group
11:50 a.m. 12:20 p.m. DELIVERING DIGITAL ALPHA
The best investors can envision what others cannot. Led by Re/code's Kara Swisher, this all-star panel separates signal from noise, filtering an increasingly crowded and euphoric space for the best ideas and trends in technology.
Moderator: Kara Swisher, Co-Executive Editor, Re/code
• Jim Breyer, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Breyer Capital and Partner, Accel Partners
• Shana Fisher, Managing Partner, High Line Venture Partners
• Additional panelists to be announced
12:20 - 2:20 p.m. LUNCHEON WITH KEYNOTE
Chris Christie, the 55th Governor of New Jersey
Introduced by: M. Barry Bausano, President – Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and Co-Head Markets Prime Finance, Deutsche Bank
Interviewed by: John Harwood, Chief Washington Correspondent, CNBC
2:50 - 3:30 p.m. BEST IDEAS -- THE NEXT GENERATION
A new generation of Alpha hunters share their top picks.
Moderator: Michael Peltz, Editor, Institutional Investor Magazine Group
• Josh Birnbaum, Chief Investment Officer, Tilden Park Capital Management
• Deepak Gulati, Chief Investment Officer, Argentière Capital
• Jeffrey Smith, Managing Member, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, Starboard Value
3:30 - 4:00 p.m. THE ACTIVIST AGENDA
Moderator: Andrew Ross Sorkin, Co-Anchor "Squawk Box", CNBC
• Ken Moelis, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Moelis & Company
• Nelson Peltz, Founding Partner and Chief Executive Officer, Trian Fund Management
4:00 - 4:30 p.m. COFFEE BREAK
5:15 - 5:45 p.m. MYSTERY GUEST
5:45 p.m. COCKTAIL RECEPTION