The renminbi's devaluation has hit the Hang Seng Index hard, but there are still plenty of beneficiaries out there.» Read More
*UK's biggest oilfield shut by power outage- traders. *OPEC output 2.5 mln barrels per day higher than demand. LONDON, July 16- Oil prices rose on Thursday after a power outage closed the UK's largest oilfield and following data showing a fall in crude inventories and strong demand from refineries in the United States.
*UK's biggest oilfield shut by power outage- traders. *OPEC output 2.5 mln barrels per day higher than demand. LONDON, July 16- Oil prices rose on Thursday after a power outage closed the UK's largest oilfield, restricting flows to the North Sea's main oil stream that underpins the global benchmark Brent crude.
*Independent refiners to push up China's crude demand. SINGAPORE/ BEIJING, July 9- China is opening its crude oil imports to buyers outside of the state-owned sector, and independent refiners could get approvals for up to 600,000 barrels per day in shipments this year. China's largest independent refiner Shandong Dongming Petrochemical won approval this week...
*Rising output largely due to CNOOC and smaller producers. BEIJING, July 3- China's crude oil output looks set to rise this year from a record in 2014 as new production from third largest producer CNOOC helps to counter reductions from its two bigger rivals. While there is no official Chinese production outlook, information from the biggest state oil companies...
*Appomattox project set to start production by end of decade. LONDON, July 1- Royal Dutch Shell has given the green light for the development of its largest platform in the Gulf of Mexico after making steep cost cuts which made the deep water project economical despite low oil prices. The decision to pour billions of dollars into the Appomattox project comes as...
A statement published on the state-run Petroleum Exploration and Production Department website showed the 17 companies are from 11 countries including the United States, Russia, China and Africa's largest oil producer, Nigeria. London- listed Tullow Oil, which is already operating in Uganda alongside France's Total and China's CNOOC, was also on the PEPD...
LONDON, July 1- Royal Dutch Shell has given the green light for the development of the Appomattox deepwater oil and gas field in the Gulf of Mexico, set to be the energy giant's largest floating platform in the region. Shell holds a 79 percent stake in the project while Nexen Petroleum, a wholly owned subsidiary of China's CNOOC, holds the remaining 21 percent.
NAIROBI, June 18- Kenya and Uganda could decide by mid-July on the route for a crude pipeline linking their newly found oil fields to the Kenyan coast, a vital step for oil firms to make a final investment decision, a senior Kenyan ministry official said. Oil executives say they cannot make progress with their final investment decision on developing discoveries...
BEIJING, June 8- China's oil imports fell about 11 percent in May from a year ago in the steepest drop since November 2013, likely knocking the country off its perch as the world's top crude buyer- a spot it claimed for the first time in April. Lower imports by China, at a time when markets are expected to be oversupplied following OPEC's decision to keep its output...
The price of oil continued its rally, with producers announcing spending cuts that added to a slew of positive factors helping the commodity higher.
As Washington seeks to expand American interests in Asia, some U.S. partners have shown less willingness to challenge Beijing.
Asian equities ended mixed on Thursday as investors reacted to the end of quantitative easing in the U.S. and the region's latest earnings.
The area is expected to hold billions of barrels of oil and trillions of cubic feet of gas, but energy firms are tentative about the region.
Chinese energy giant CNOOC is looking at building a multi-billion-dollar floating liquefied natural gas plant to produce gas from the South China Sea.
It's not often you get a chance to see one of the most dangerous flashpoints in Asia.
Vietnam and China traded accusations over the sinking of a Vietnamese fishing boat not far from where China has placed an oil rig in disputed waters.
China's expansion of its oil operations is only part of the reason behind its rising conflict with Vietnam.
Tensions rise as Vietnam said on Wednesday a Chinese vessel intentionally rammed two of its ships in a part of the disputed South China Sea.
The Oracle sees good value in Canadian oil-and-gas companies with long-life reserves. The sector is now trading at historic low multiples.
China, India and other countries are spending billions of dollars to acquire U.S. oil and gas assets and gain access to proprietary energy technology.