Comcast calls Discovery Communication's demands 'extortionate' and 'improper' in merger filing.» Read More
Silver Spring, Maryland- based Discovery Communications Inc. will have a 60 percent ownership interest in the joint venture, with Hasbro Inc. holding the remaining 40 percent. The Hub Network began as a joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications in 2010, taking over from what was the Discovery Kids channel.
WASHINGTON, Sept 24- Media company Discovery Communications Inc demanded business concessions as a condition for not opposing Comcast Corp's bid for Time Warner Cable Inc, Comcast told U.S. regulators in a filing on Tuesday. "Such extortionate demands are patently improper," Comcast said in a summary of the filing.
Sept 17- Discovery Communications Inc is seeking a controlling interest in The Hub, reducing partner and toymaker Hasbro Inc's share of the children's cable TV network, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing sources familiar with the matter.
The summer's No. 1 stock so far has been undeniable, but you might not have notice the others on this list, USA Today reports.
SAN FRANCISCO/ LOS ANGELES, Aug 25- Amazon.com Inc tracked Twitch's evolution from scrappy guerrilla startup to one of the Internet's hottest media properties. Amazon's $970 million bet- its largest ever- underscores how a loyal and fast-growing following for live-streaming video has grabbed the attention of big brands.
Apple touched a fresh high Wednesday along with a handful of other companies:
Thanks to Rupert Murdoch's recent overture, Time Warner shares have traded more on drama than fundamentals. That may be about to change.
July 31- Discovery Communications Inc, which runs channels such as Animal Planet and Investigation Discovery, reported quarterly revenue slightly above analysts' expectations, helped by a jump in advertising sales in its international networks.
Some of the names on the move ahead of the open.
July 31- Discovery Communications Inc reported a 10 percent rise in second-quarter revenue, helped by a 23 percent jump in advertising sales in its international networks. Net income available to the company rose to $379 million, or $1.09 per share, in the three months ended June 30, from $300 million, or 82 cents per share, a year earlier.
After 21st Century Fox's failed bid to acquire Time Warner, the question arises as to what other media giants are now in play for purchase?
Rupert Murdoch’s audacious offer for Time Warner that if it succeeds would cement his status as the most powerful U.S. media magnate.
*BSkyB in talks to buy into Germany, Italy. LONDON, July 17- U.S.-based cable group Liberty Global has bought BSkyB's 6.4 percent stake in ITV, Britain's biggest free-to-air commercial broadcaster, boosting its shares on hopes of a wider bid.
*BSkyB in talks to buy into Germany, Italy. LONDON, July 17- John Malone's cable group Liberty Global has bought a 6.4 percent stake in ITV from BSkyB, lifting shares in Britain's biggest free-to-air commercial broadcaster on hopes of a wider bid.
NEW YORK, July 16- Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox Inc made an audacious offer for Time Warner Inc that if it succeeds would transform the American media landscape and cement the 83- year-old's status as the most powerful magnate in U.S. media and entertainment.
July 16- If Rupert Murdoch succeeds in buying Time Warner Inc and CNN is put up for sale, the 24- hour cable news network could be worth $5 billion, according to one analyst's estimate. Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox Inc said on Wednesday it made an offer to buy Time Warner for about $80 billion.
NEW YORK, July 16- Time Warner Inc's board, in rejecting 21st Century Fox Inc's $80 billion bid, insisted the offer undervalued the media conglomerate and raised fears about the dominating role that Rupert Murdoch's family would play, a person close to the situation said on Wednesday.
*Time Warner shares up 16.9 percent. NEW YORK, July 16- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Inc said on Wednesday that Time Warner Inc had rebuffed its offer to buy the company, but people familiar with his thinking say he is determined to bring the U.S. media conglomerate into his empire.
July 11- Walt Disney Co, Discovery Communications Inc and CBS Corp are being asked for information by U.S. antitrust officials probing Comcast Corp's proposed takeover of Time Warner Cable Inc, Bloomberg reported on Friday.
"Barry and I decided a year and a half ago not to talk about Aereo," CBS CEO Leslie Moonves says.