Crude reversed session gains, after the effect of U.S. stockpile data wore off and investors grew fearful about growing risks.» Read More
U.S. single-family home prices rose in June though the pace of gains slowed slightly, a closely watched survey showed on Tuesday.
Housing has transformed from a form of shelter to one of the most tradable assets thanks to an inflow of institutional investors.
Western powers told the Syrian opposition to expect a strike against President Bashar al-Assad's forces within days, according to sources cited by Reuters.
Apple stocks were U.S. hedge funds' top holding during the second quarter this year, beating travel website Priceline and iPhone manufacturer Qualcomm to the winning spot.
'Perfect privacy'? In Internet communication, that doesn't exist.
New York's most famous strip club will open a satellite establishment inside the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort next month - the first strip club inside an Atlantic City casino.
Henry M. Paulson Jr. on bonuses during the 2008 financial crisis: “There was such a total lack of awareness from the firms that paid big bonuses during this extraordinary time.”
A new survey of customer satisfaction in the United States shows the gap between the 'Big Three' automakers and imported car brands has stretched to its widest point in five years.
A source from Team Obama said Larry Summers will likely be named Fed chairman in a few weeks though he is "still being vetted" so it might take a little longer.
Bill Ackman's Pershing Square has sold its entire stake in J.C. Penney stock.
Treasury Secretary pressed Congress to allow the government to borrow more money, saying that it could default on its obligations if lawmakers do not act by mid-October.
The administration is committed to an approach that balances the need to reduce carbon dioxide with the realities of surging U.S. energy production, the energy secretary says.
It's going to be a chicken fight in the fast food business: McDonald's is about to start offering chicken wings.
Shares of Tesla Motors are now overextended, according to Stephen Weiss.
For those in the top 5 percent, the recovery has been pretty good. As for the other 95 percent, maybe not so much.
Early in September, Tim Cook will step on to a blacked-out stage and unveil two quite different new iPhones: the iPhone 5S, an upgraded iPhone 5, and another, cheaper one that the rumor mill has dubbed the iPhone 5C.
The singer is cashing out of the mansion market, listing two of her trophy properties in Florida and Montreal for a total of more than $100 million.
According to Art Cashin, the central bank's effect on the financial system has worrying parallels to the period leading up to the Great Depression.
September is often a scary month for investors. This year, the nightmares could become real.
Closely watched financial analyst Dick Bove cut his rating on JPMorgan Chase on Monday, citing an atmosphere of regulatory "McCarthyism" surrounding the company.
Get the best of CNBC in your inbox
After Coke Life is launched, PepsiCo unveils a new midcalorie cola, Pepsi True, which is sweetened with sugar and stevia.
A hedge fund is hoping to make a big splash with a presentation on the "biggest stock promotion ... since Sino-Forest"
People in the preparedness community already have the supplies to handle a wide variety of crises, says one blogger.
Career coach Kathy Caprino and Michael Parrish DuDell, author of "Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business," weigh in on a new study by the National Bureau of Economic Research.
CNBC's Patti Domm discusses how stocks stumbled into October after Wednesday's big losses.
Breaking down today's selloff, with Fast Money traders.