Who's the best CEO in the country? Morningstar knows what separates the best from the rest. And on CNBC’s “Morning Call” Pat Dorsey, Morningstar's Director of Stock analysis revealed Morningstar’s CEO of the Year!
First, let's review the nominees
1. John Chambers, Chairman and CEO of Cisco Systems
2. Ken Chenault, Chairman and CEO of American Express
3. Will Oberton, President and CEO Of Fastenal
4. George Roche, Chairman and President of T. Rowe Price Group
5. John Thain, CEO of NYSE Group
Michelle Caruso-Cabrera: Pat, who did you pick?
Pat Dorsey: Will Oberton, President and CEO Of Fastenal (They’re a mid-cap industrial distributor based in the mid-west and have delivered phenomenal share holder value over many years.)
Here are some fast facts about Fastenal:
- Fastenal is the nation’s largest industrial fastener distributor.
- Fastenal’s sales have increased 15% annually over the past 5 years.
- Fastenal has averaged 20% returns on invested capital over the past 5 years.
And, in case you’re wondering, here are the top CEO attributes Morningstar looks for:
-Exemplary corporate governance
-Creates lasting shareholder value
-Puts his or her stamp on the industry.