I received such a great response to the horrific Steve Nash-Ahmad Rashad Raymond Weil watch ad that I’ve decided to launch a worst ad contest here on SportsBiz. The rules are pretty simple.
1. It can be any type of ad: TV, magazine, radio, etc., as long as you can e-mail it to me. So it’s preferred that a TV commercial is on YouTube so the readers can easily view it.
2. It can be an ad that is currently running or an ad that has run in the past. It can not be fake like this Tom Emanski video.
3. The ad has to have an athlete in it.
4. The ad has to be really badly executed by the company, by the athlete or just really funny, like Mary Lou Retton pitching for overactive bladder drugs.
5. Entries will be accepted through July 21, so you have plenty of time to get it in.
Email entries to SportsBiz@cnbc.com .
6. The final week of July, there will be an online poll to determine the winner.
7. The winner gets nothing but fame and glory.
To kick it off, I give you the latest ad with Danica Patrick and Samsonite, which falls into the “badly executed by company strategy.”