Think the holidays are all rest and fun? That's the Hallmark version. More than half of us plan to work over the break, a new survey says.» Read More
Auto loans, particularly to buyers with credit scores of 679 or lower, are becoming easier to get as credit gets cheaper.
During the recession, more workers took loans from their 401(k)s to help with daily living expenses. But as the unemployment rate remained high, the rate of 401(k) loan defaults went up.
A biennial Prudential study finds that 53 percent of women are the breadwinners in their households, but they still lack confidence when it comes to dealing with money.
Why are companies rushing to reduce pension plan payments? The answer is simple: Because they can.
Some middle-earners will be paying more under the reform plan, but even those "losers" will likely enjoy better coverage than they have now.
Emotions can get the best of us, whether we're getting into a marriage or getting out of it. Here's how to make sure your heart doesn't rule over your head during your divorce.
As the cost of college continues to rise, many students are finding even the Bank of Mom & Dad has tightened its lending practices.
An IRA can contain anything that makes you money, but as with any DIY investment, caution is required.
The Fed's recent report showing a rise in consumer credit spending in May shows that Americans are increasingly putting essentials, not discretionary purchases, on their plastic.
As competition for the growing 'underbanked' business rises, banks keep lowering their fees on prepaid accounts — prompting some to re-work their business models.
As schools continue to raise prices, students are taking on an increasing amount of educational debt. But even if you aren't rich or a genius, there are ways to get an education for free.
If a company gets more than 20 percent of its revenue from the Continent, you need to know.
Because commidities often do well when stocks decline, and commodity funds offer so many different markets to choose from, they can provide a little stability when the market is waffling.
Getting an extra half-size lotion for free is roughly equivalent to getting 35 percent off. But a new study found that consumers prefer the free product, and pay more.
Retirement experts say that even those hit by the Great Recession can retire comfortably if they are willing to work a few years longer than expected.
Life rarely goes as planned. That's why it's always good to have an emergency fund in the bank.
ATM "skimming," a low-tech form of bank card fraud, is not a new problem. But security experts say it's now a bigger problem for the United States than other nations who have implemented the technology to prevent it.
More than half, 54 percent, of today's parents say there's no set time when kids should stop living at home. But for the other 46 percent: When should you cut the financial cord?
What U.S. cities have the best credit scores for 2012? Click to find out.
How much the Affordable Care Act will affect your pocketbook depends on how much you already make.
Get the best of CNBC in your inbox